ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO people who mod their cars

Just wondering (and no offence should be taken by this thread!).....

People who mod the exterior (with bodykits etc - not subtle things) - what do you think when people look at you - do you think "wow he/she loves my car" or something else?

Just interested!

tbh mate I dont think anything! and without also causing any offence I dont care what they think! my car is around just to please me no1 else :)

Thats what Im thinking - if someone laughs at your car, do you get a bit miffed? whether you care or not on the outside, you must get a bit pissed off?

Quote: Originally posted by bigmaddaz on 01 December 2004

tbh mate I dont think anything! and without also causing any offence I dont care what they think! my car is around just to please me no1 else :)
Ditto

not a clio anymore

i dont really

i forget about whats on the outside when im driving

not modd it for anybody else so i dont reall care if people look

172 Cup

well my old clio snapped heads everywhere i know it was nice and i was never told that one person didnt like. the only reason that i wouldnt do it again is because of the expence. i prob spent about 8k on modding my car over 2.5 years and just sold it for £3400. its gutting how much money you loose.

Paul

Yes same ere! spent £8500 on the car in 2003 (parker price guide now in a1 condition is £5800) ! and spent about 2.5k modding and know I aint gonna get ne of that money back. Just a once in a lifetime thing :)

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Some cars are modded far too much though and personally in those cars, I dont know how people have the nerve. I love pulling up at the lights alongside a heavily tarted Saxo VTR/Furio but thats because Im a k**b.

But each to their own. Who am I to say?

I have to say that because some people are easily offended.

My car gets alot of ppls heads turning. Some smile, some point and laugh, some really like what Ive done and will flash me to pull me over and talk about what Ive done. Kids like my car the best though lol Nothin better than puttin a smile on kids faces imo :)

I havent added bodykits or anything, mainly coz I darent do anything like that :oops: I use leds for my mods :D

I agree - I really dont want to offend anyone, but driving a modded car would make me feel a bit silly. I was just curious as to what people think at others opinions!

500bhp Scoob

i dont care what people think when they look at mine, its nice to have someone come upto u, and comment on it thou, just to get some feedback.

Punto/Clio GTT

yea been there. all good sayin someones a knob and their cars sh*t ona forum, say it at a local meet. goto a cruise and go up to some geezer and say.. alright mate, your cars a chavbucket and your a c**k.

i pity them on barryboys :)

FM

Ask yourselves who drives those sorts of cars.............kids

When was the last time you saw an appropriate adult in a rude boy car?

Fact is people grow out of it and then laugh at the kids who are now doing it

I am strangly drawn to pointing and laughing at cars like in the image above, but then people are drawn to pointing and laughing at me!!

all of course imo!!!

Volvo S60 T5

Anyone remember Dan who came with me to Donnysouth and drove my car on the sprint?

He has spent £10,000 on a vauxhall Nova, will get pics up when its finally finished, thats all kitted up.

Id agree with both the Final_Maxim and brazos above statements to be fair. I probably wouldnt say it to their faces (not neccessarily because Id get my ass kicked but because I dont want my car keyed). Most of the barryboy crew are bell ends who spout off about any car with non factory stuff on.

And in fairness, yes we all go through phases of saying that looks ok etc even if we dont mod ourselves and then wonder how we could even think that, ten years down the line.

What I find tragic, is not the 21yr old modder but the 35+ guy who just cant grow up.

if it was differnt colour and lose the stupid bonnett vents and headlight mask and the big wiper blade and that could be a nice car.

Punto/Clio GTT

i agree it has potential to look nice. at the moment it just looks like parts have been stuck on here and there. no effort gone into anythin really.

FM

not a clio anymore

this is my mates car

its one of them cars you either love or hate

but he likes it so hes happy

HAHAHA.

He looks rock.

RAC data checker = Fiesta Si.

They dont look too bad until this geezer got his mitts on this one.

If it was all smoothed and simplistic its look far better but its got stuff stuck on for the sake of it.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 01 December 2004 at 8:50pm]

Is that a fiesta under there with Focus bumper, thought it was a clio first then a saxo then... :confused:

Yeah I post on barryboys try and defend some of the cars but the chav stuff is just funny!

Round the corner from me (will get pictures) is a micra with not one but 3 MAXPOWER stickers, big exhaust and lit up like a fu*king X-mass tree! dont know how yu could drive that and not be ashamed! although he seems to advertise himself! :confused:

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I like driving a modded car, nice to be a bit different, couldnt give a f**k what other people think about it. Always nice to get the what the f**k is that/what the f**k has that got under the bonnet look too. Keep em guessing ;) With a lot of new cars the whole range looks too similar. I cant for the life of me identify the Renaultsport models from the rest half the time, no wonder modding is popular. Dare to be different, you know it makes sense!

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 01 December 2004

I cant for the life of me identify the Renaultsport models from the rest

im exactly the same. all this about this 172 has cup packs, and this 182 is a cup , and this 172 hasnt got the cup packs... i just get completely lost with it lol

FM

what your car looks like, being a bit sherlock holmes, theres a nice modded phase3 around here and k-tecs in bmouth - K-tecd 1.4S Maxim

Doubt its you though..

Punto/Clio GTT

oh nah, my car is unseen on cliosport as of yet. was an insurance write off, will have before and after pics once im happy with it :)

FM