ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO People with ITB's

Lionel Richie
especially those who have installed DIY

have you ever balanced up your bodies, or at least checked them?

maybe a daft question, but just a thought that popped into my head

Cro

Meg'd r27
Could be a good question, at a guess i'd say 99% of the guys that might install them diy probably get them mapped again, where i'd presume the mappers would do it?

Lionel Richie
indeed they should, just wondering if there's some knocking about with pissed balancing hence combined with a pissed map

172 Cup
I think most peoples thoughts to it would be 'what is balancing?'

Mite be worth giving a descent description out Fred so people can make sure

Lionel Richie
good! there must be people that have bought new or second hand kits, wacked em on and left them thinking "that's proper bo"

Lionel Richie
you basically have to adjust the throttle butterflies so they're all in the same position (can't be done by eye)

you use an air flow meter (synchrometer) on each trumpet, and set them all to flow the same

[YOUTUBE]JA2KyaMbfo8[/YOUTUBE]

Lionel Richie
yeah just wondering what people have done who have bought off the shelf pre mapped kits, it would run like a bag of s**t if they were out, so they must be doing something?

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I've done this before at my old work, but that was a few years ago now. One thing i've always wondered is, how do you know what the correct flow should be? I cant remember if the flow gauge has an optimum point on it that you should be aiming for.