ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO PES5 purchasers

to the people that have been eagerly anticipating the release of this game, what do you think of it now it's finally out?

I personally think it's very good, a lot of the problem from PES4 have been fixed, or at least partially sorted. Keepers for one, off the ball AI is also a lot better, but the thing I'm finding annoying is the poor first touch and ball control in general.

I was expecting PES4 but polished, as it was almost there imo, but PES5 seems to have sacrificed the fun factor for even more realism... a feature which is now making me see at least 10 fouls per team per game... unheard of in previous versions unless your mates a dirty b*****d... I want to like it more than PES4, but it's not convincing me at the moment, what's everyone else think of it?

I dont think I'll go back to PES4 as I hope i'll just click with it eventually, but it's been the hardest one to get into for me.

172 Exclusive
Looks good so far, still getting used to it. I think a few seasons on the Master League is called for.
Also looking forward to a few online games now the PS2 version supports it :)

yeah turning is pants as well. On the Xbox version you need to use the middle run an awful lot more i've been finding, otherwise the ball just gets away from you.

Other difference that i'm struggling with is the shooting. On previous versions running at full speed and shooting was more powerful and accurate... this one however is more the right way, powerful when running, but ball can go anywhere and decent power when walking but awesome accuracy.

Think i'll have to play it some more tonight... still not convinced by it though...

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
The overall game play on the playstation is a lot slower than the PE4 version.

Playing PE5 on the playstation reminds me of PE4 on the Xbox.

Black/Gold 182
It's harder, the step up for all the other versions was pretty simple but this one's gonna need some practice...

Nippy white cup
I haven`t got mine yet:dapprove: (pc) but I always find that it takes a week or so to get used to the new features etc....just try and play the 2nd version once you are used to the new ones.

Chris

Renault clio 1.2 mk2
It just gets better and better, as someone who as been playing Pro Evo from the beginning of ISS Pro Soccer on the PS1 for me, PES5 has pushed the bench mark further. the game just feels so real the player movement is spot on.
i know alot of ppl have been saying bout the turning and the control but if you think about it no one can turn 90 degrees wiv the ball at his feet with a defender touch tight easly and every player occasionally has a bad touch once in a while.
I think Konami have done it again fifa is once again put back in the shadows!!

Nippy white cup
The most amazing thing I have read about this was from a magazine review. The reviewer was playing against the comp and fouled it. The ref played on with the comp injured on the floor. The reviewer kicked the ball in to touch and the player got treatment.....then amazingly the comp took the throw in and chucked it back to the human keeper!!! Now that is what PES is all about..little touches like that really make it feel like proper football..

Chris

POW_Clio said:
Ordering this from play.com soon, so it's a definite yeh then lads?

i'd say yes it is certainly worth getting just to see how it's progressed. Like others have said, it is a LOT harder and will take some getting used to, but the improvements made are what people wanted (nice when these big companies listen to people... take note Clio Sport ;) ) and as a result all the glitches and annoyances have almost completely been taken care of. Don't expect to be able to pick this one up and just play it well though, if you have been hammering PES4 like me and all my mates then it's a hard mind set to get out of as you'll probably (like me) try and play it like PES4 and get frustrated when it goes to s**t. lol

I used to love my custom 3-6-1 formation, but this version I'll need to get seriously good at before I can do that... 2 attackers for me now, Romario and Henry :D

There really are some lovely subtle touches in this game, so yeah, purchase it ASAP!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I agree with the comments in this thread....counter attacks and goalscoring are considerably harder in pe5 compared to previous versions. I'm getting used to it though....not scored any awesome goals yet ..but as soon as I do they will be on putfile heh

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Don't like it. As someone else has said, they've taken all the fun out the game.

Its alot harder, but I think its a great game! I was quite good at pro 4 (not being big headed) but if you struggled with 4, you wont like 5!

Its just more realistic, you cant run from one end to the other anymore, you need to pass it about! makes it better imo!

Mk2 Golf GTI
I agree with Caramel. Mine's going back today, the amount of stoppages in play from rediculously weak challenges is just plain gay. This aspect of it makes it nothing like real life football IMO...

I don't buy football gmaes to be 100% realistic and serious, real life football can be boring enough!

All in my opinion of course, but i think i'm going to try out FIFA...

Black/Gold 182
1st rule: press R2 when you get the ball and when you want to turn, will trap it, makes it much easier to beat people.

Played 8 player - all in one team last night where you each have one player for the whole game, was quite a laugh really, but very difficult.