ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO ppl with Vista!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I have :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz oc'd @ 3.0GHz
1066MHz OCZ SLI 2GB Memory
XFX 8800 GTX 1900Mhz 768MB
Seagate 400GB SATA
EVGA n680i Motherboard

Been running Vista for a while now without too many problems, games are a but hit and miss to get working. I've recently bought Splinter Cell Double Agent and it doesn't display the graphics correctly, I'm not sure if this is down to Vista, DirectX10 or the graphics card drivers. I also have problems with sound when using my Freecom TV Card. I also get an extremely slow bootup when my external USB drive is connected (this isn't the case with XP).

- A new question.

Anyone using Microsoft Office 2003 with Vista? I had a quick look on the net and im getting mixed results, some say they're getting errors, and others say its fine.

If you have it, did you encounter any problems?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------

On another note, ive managed to disable so much shite lol, its running a lot quicker than it was :D :D :D

Lee

BMW M2C
Sorry, missed your question.

I'm using Office 2003 and it's fine as long as you get the latest updates.

Lee

BMW M2C
I went on to the Office update site and did it.

I've got 2007 but haven't got round to putting it on. I'm worried it's going to be resource hungry like Vista. 1.19gb of my 2gb is used by Vista, Outlook and a couple of Firefox windows!!

I went on to the Office update site and did it.

I've got 2007 but haven't got round to putting it on. I'm worried it's going to be resource hungry like Vista. 1.19gb of my 2gb is used by Vista, Outlook and a couple of Firefox windows!!

Jesus @ 1.19gb :S

my cpu seems to always be at 4% whereas in xp it idled at 0%

and atm ive got firefox with a few tabs, steam, windows live messenger, and ventrilo open it its using 39% of 2GB ram.

I was messing with services.msc last night and managed to stop a load of services and the only program i have on startup is nod32, so its running quite a lot better than it was when i first installed.

Am just gonna install office 2k3 now so hopefully it will go well. I tried 2007 beta whist i was on XP a while back, and outlook crashed quite often and it used a lot more resources than 2k3 so i am just gonna stick with 2k3 for the time being.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had a quick look at what's hogging all the memory. Outlook is using a big chunk, as is firefox, having glass enabled is taking up loads as well as the Windows sidebar, plus Termincal Services Client is taking up a good chunk.

Just had a quick look at what's hogging all the memory. Outlook is using a big chunk, as is firefox, having glass enabled is taking up loads as well as the Windows sidebar, plus Termincal Services Client is taking up a good chunk.

how much does sidebar use? I am not currently using that? How does it look? any print screens?

untitledrb1.jpg

Oh no, any ideas? :(

Lee

BMW M2C
19,800k at present!

Here's what it looks like, I've got two screens.

Last edited:
lol, another question...

Is there any way of completely ditching mouse acceleration on Vista. I know in xp you could get a reg entry that did it for you but aparently it doesnt work on vista.

Mouse acceleration is a pain in the arse on FPS games :mad: