ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO ring people

Lionel Richie
can anyone tell me if this was part of the track? its the bypass road that runs from the right hander before you go up the hill to the carousel

i walked up it, steep is an understatement!
from the bottom looking up
DSC_0452.jpg

from the top
DSC_0456.jpg

Turbos.
Yeah, part of the old track. Did you see the little markers on the side? Most have been nicked...

Photos struggle to convey just how steep that hill is. Amazing how old cars got up there!

172, Tiguan
You could start at the top and end up in the Comfy Corner no problem. 3 mile sled ride FTFW.

172, Tiguan
How come that used to be part of the track? Doesn't really flow with the rest of it!

No it was never part of the track, but used to be the test hill. The Ring was funded by various manufacturers to test cars.

You can however still walk on parts of the old Sudschliefe (sp) which is no longer in use.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I drove down that in my Clio. Struggled to get back up I can tell you, 2nd gear was as fast as you could go, and that was a DCI.

I have a video of it, going offroad from the main road through the trees etc to get to it. All to tag the barriers and floor on that corner, had a nice walk up to the Carrousell too.

Last edited:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
thats a mint video, at least the driver wasnt stupid enough not to brake at any point down that hill!