ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: 'Tech minded people' - Headlights

Can anyone give me a definate answer on whether standard halogen headlights will fit and work properly on the 172/182 as a direct swap. Thanks ;)

Hiya - I remember you from my thread about this last month. I've just picked up my standard lights (from eBay @ £68 a pair!) and I'm going to try and change them for the xenons this weekend, so I'll be able to give you a definitive answer very soon. I'm pretty sure they will work though, the connector looks exactly the same and someone else on this forum reckons they've gone the other way (std to xenon) with no problem, so fingers crossed!

172 cup'd extreme
yeah i have xeons in a dymanique the connector is the same for both cars and a straight swap dont forget some dymaniques have xeons and some 172's have normal

Rhys said:
Hiya - I remember you from my thread about this last month. I've just picked up my standard lights (from eBay @ £68 a pair!) and I'm going to try and change them for the xenons this weekend, so I'll be able to give you a definitive answer very soon. I'm pretty sure they will work though, the connector looks exactly the same and someone else on this forum reckons they've gone the other way (std to xenon) with no problem, so fingers crossed!

Awesome, cheers. Were the lights you bought from a shop? Or a 2nd hand set? Keep me updated ;)

Good news - worked a treat. Don't look as nice as xenons of course, but my bank balance is breathing a huge sigh of relief. Took about an hour to do all together, pretty easy once you've been told how to do it (I used 16v_jon's method of just doing one side at a time to avoid removing the bumper altogether). I removed the wheel arch liner on the driver side, but managed to do the other side by just pulling the liner aside slightly. I'll pop up a couple of 'during' pics that I took in a bit.

Spammy - I bought them from this eBay trader who seems to have had a few for sale http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cameo310 - £68 for the pair plus £12 courier (DHL). £80 for 2 vs £300 for one light...hmmmm lol

Only remaining problem is that one of the lights is misaligned and whilst I can see the cog that needs to be adjusted, there's no fitting to adjust it :S Anyone know how to align the standard lights?