ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry Primal

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Looks like a good idea, I just hope it's not exactly the same as 4 but just with mammoths instead of elephants and things like that.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've never played a Far Cry game before. Looks good though!
The first is arguably the best. Number 2 was turd. Although it looked pretty for the time, it was an empty, hollow, experience. I didn't really get to grips with Far Cry 3 - though my Steam account says I put 13 hours into it. Ironically, although I played Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon less, I did prefer it. Not even tried 4 yet.

I think the main issue that the Far Cry series has, is that there's little or no crossover from one title to the next. The Far Cry name could be left out and the next game be called something totally different. It's not like the excellent Mass Effect series where you have a common theme, characters and storyline running throughout.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good although I never even bothered to finish the last one.

Probably one I'll wait and get second hand.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I platinum'd FC4 on PS4, but it's not a great game. After a while it becomes more of a chore than fun, repetitive tasks, taking over bell tower after bell tower, taking over base after base.

There were a lot of flaws too, there were 4 main bases that were run by bosses, that were no harder to take over than all the other bases. Also, some of the controls are shite, the driving and swimming controls are the worst I've ever used on a modern game.

The only genuine fun stuff was the the story campaign, but it was pathetically short, 26 missions or something like that.

Lets hope this is a better showing, but as mentioned above, I hope it's not more of the same with different animals - I got bored of mowing down animals long ago.

EDIT: Also, I almost forgot, THAT f**king RADIO, just the same guy chatting the same s**t over and over again, it was irritating as f**k.

FarCry 3 was my favourite, I had huge expectations for 4 but it turned out to be virtually identical to the previous game with very little extras. They're decent enough games though, worth a play if you can pick them up cheap.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Not overly enamoured by the advert.

Loved the first one, hated the second and 3 and 4 were the same - both I enjoyed. Preferred the map on 3 and it's a shame they didn't make more a difference between the last two, but they were both still really enjoyable.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
3 & 4 are the only games I've platinumed, not that I massively enjoyed them, just that they were very easy to finish quick.
3 was better than 4 imo. Never played 1&2.

I'll probably get this but my ps4 time is limited now and with MGS taking up most of my time on it at the moment, it'll probably be a late purchase.

Anyone else playing this? I've had it a week or so now it's cheap. Loving it. Basically FC4 with a new skin but enough to keep me entertained.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
3 & 4 are the only games I've platinumed, not that I massively enjoyed them, just that they were very easy to finish quick.
3 was better than 4 imo. Never played 1&2.

The first game was ground-breaking for its time. Back in the day where most FPS games involved you going through scripted corridors or relatively small maps - Far Cry 1 allowed you to approach an obstacle from pretty much any direction.

The graphics were top-notch - so much so that the engine was used for benchmarking a PC's capabilities for years. And as a final cherry on the top, they even released a 64-bit patch for it - which single-handedly made me realise just how antiquated x86 games were. Unfortunately despite x64 bit hardware being available mainstream since 2003 - it's only very recent games that have been written on a 64-bit engine. That in itself seems so strange to me. Try to obtain a x86-only CPU in the last 5 years for a desktop PC and you would have been struggling. Then again, I was one of the 2.3 users within the UK who had Windows XP x64 on their home PC. I'm digressing..... :p

A SHED!
I know this is an old thread but I borrowed this off my nephew and after a slow start I really enjoyed it. Managed to platinum the game. It's a superb twist to the original far cry series and quite a good little story. 9/10

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I know this is an old thread but I borrowed this off my nephew and after a slow start I really enjoyed it. Managed to platinum the game. It's a superb twist to the original far cry series and quite a good little story. 9/10
I'll have to nick it off you before you give it him back...

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
If you enjoyed it see if you can get 3 or 4 cheaply as they were really enjoyable.
3 was probably better, unless you've got a next gen console in which case get 4

A SHED!
If you enjoyed it see if you can get 3 or 4 cheaply as they were really enjoyable.
3 was probably better, unless you've got a next gen console in which case get 4
Had both. They were great. I avoided this as I thought the idea of arrows etc would be annoying. I was wrong.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up last night and had a couple of hours on it today.
Currently £15-19 on the PS store depending which edition you want.

Not bad so far although I've been killed by a few bears already.