ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farewell Clio

VW Caddy Van
Well after only having my 182 for 4 months it decided to kill 5th gear. So it now needs a new gearbox.

Can't be bothered with the hassles of getting a new gearbox so i've traded it in. It goes on Monday for an 06 plate Mondeo ST TDCi in Black

I've loved every minute of my 182 and had the gearbox not went i'd be keeping it

This is the shortest time i've kept a car :( lol

VW Caddy Van
Got £4.5k trade in with 49k on the clock. Never mentioned the gearbox lol

If anyone asks it was fine ;) haha

VW Caddy Van
Not really i was happy with that as i got it for 5.5k and i've done 7k in the 4 months i've had it

VW Caddy Van
Dunno had been whining slightly since i got it but i don't know anything about it so thought it was normal. Then when flooring it it'd jump out then it just won't do anything. It free revs in 5th regardless wat u do although i still have 1st to 4th

VW Caddy Van
Lol i'll post it up the now

WP04 UNH

Bank 1 Lambda went last night aswell so thank fook it's going!

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear you're getting rid of the Clio - I'm sure the highlight of your ownership will be losing to me on the 1/4 mile at Crail - LOL!

VW Caddy Van
Wanted something bigger and more refined as my next car. Will miss the Clio but hey ho when needs must.

Gonna be an uncle so it'll help the family out in the long run aswell as save me money and headaches lol

VW Caddy Van
Someones told the sales manager, but i've denied it lol. They'll not find out till somepoint monday. Tbh i don't care they're sending it to the auctions anyways so it's not as if it's gonna cost them anything. Even with the gearbox knackered it'll still make bak wat it owes them in the Auction

Mk1 Clio Turbo
Surely if they know then they will check the car when you go in for the trade or have you done the trade already?

Racing blue 182
the sales advisors probably took it out for a rag, thats what they used to do where i used to work. anything sporty came in they took it out and gave the things hell to see what they could get out of them.

VW Caddy Van
Nah they aint checked the car at all

Aint Parks either nor has anyone driven the car in my work

LY R26
and lauryn didnt tell you to come see me, dissappointed in her :p

haha hope you enjoy the modeo mate :)

VW Caddy Van
Lol tbh mate no garages are buying any cars in plus as i work in the dealership it's easier to deal with it their

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Genius coming on a public forum and posting all about how you knew the problem was there before you sold it them, kinda removes any possibility of denial doesn't it?

Garages fault for not checking it out properly but don't you have to sign something saying that the cars in roadworthy condition to the best of your knowledge etc?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Genius coming on a public forum and posting all about how you knew the problem was there before you sold it them, kinda removes any possibility of denial doesn't it?

Garages fault for not checking it out properly but don't you have to sign something saying that the cars in roadworthy condition to the best of your knowledge etc?

agree'd bit silly!

VW Caddy Van
It is roadworthy it's just 5th gear nothing stopping u driving the car as i have been for the last 400 miles since monday

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
So you'd buy it would you with 5th gear not working?? If you'd of told the dealership it didn't work, they'd of still bought it for the same cost would they?? Didn't think so.

Its hardly roadworthy with a missing gear, if the garage hadn't discovered it, had sold it on, someone else gets the car, is driving along, tries to put it into 5th, it won't go in, there distracted by the fact their lovely new car is not doing what its meant to do, child runs out into road, kid dies.

Just because you've driven it for 400 miles doesn't make it roadworthy, you could drive round on illegal tyres for a few thousand miles, does that mean thats roadworthy too? Or heavily worn brakes, its still driveable, so it must be roadworthy right? Thank god your not an MOT tester, we'd all be f**king dead if you were.

You've purposely deceived them, you could even call it fraud:

"fraud is a deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual"

I can honestly say i'd do the same as you if it were me, but i wouldn't go posting on a public forum about it, your only line of defense is the claim you didn't know, and you no longer have that.

/rant

VW Caddy Van
Lol cars going to the auctions it'll get workshop checked before it goes so therefor it'll go to auction still with a knackered gearbox. They'd still buy it off me regardless for the same cost cos i'm staff.

But the less they know the better end of

VW Caddy Van
Yeh i do lol, end of the day we've had some right death traps given in.

Had a primera with no brakes, wasn't discovered till a mechanic moved it and almost crashed it. Then we weren't informed either till the supervisor almost ran it into our bit.

Salesmans told me if the gearbox is fucked they don't care it's going to the auctions anyways so it's costing them nothing as it won't be repaired and it'll still make them their money bak