ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fast starts

gen 7 celica
Hey guys had my 182 for a few weeks now and i'm starting to get p***ed off with every man and his dog challenging me to a race. I'm still not used to the power change from a 1.2 and was wondering if anyone has any tips for putting the power down without the wheel spin. Should i go for a quick change into 2nd gear or slowly apply the power in first before changing up? any advice appreciated.

your traction control should assist tbh , but 2000rpm , ease the clutch out and then floor it when rollin ...hehe

hit the green light and 2nd gear and your away

yeah right up to the green light in first, and second, and third, and then its license losing speeds much after that

gen 7 celica
The green light? where is that? how many revs in 1st approx before change. I take it i cant just put the accelerator pedal right down in first. Do i slowly apply the power?

D

dick

just like any car, few k revs til you get moving then plant right foot through the floor and keep it till you see a green light on the instrument panel. id guess around 7k revs? as your redlines at 7.25k

A clio
Green light will come on in the bottom right hand corner. I never see it thou as the steering wheel is in the way!

BMW M3
I dont feel the gear change light is a good place to change. There is a definately a drop in power before that... faster to change before it imo.

LY V6 with Recaros
I've had the green light on a few times, but it looses power by the time it gets to that. Infact it feels like it's just died when the light comes on lol!

clio 182 black /gold
I had a 1.2 for 2 days and it was slow compared my 182. When i got back in my 182 omg that was quick.

LY V6 with Recaros
I had a 1.2 for 2 days and it was slow compared my 182. When i got back in my 182 omg that was quick.

Lol, yeah I drive my bf's 1.2 quite a bit during the week, when I get back in my 182 it feels like a rocket!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Surely seeing the green light flicker while in 2nd will put you closer to the 5k kick in 3rd as opposed to not seeing the green light in 2nd, and only landing at about 4k revs once in 3rd?

Tys.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Usually change bang on 7k or around there,it's handy having an extra 800RPM before the limiter sometimes though.

I tend to launch at 2,500RPM and then just boot it really, takes practice though as you said.

MCS R56
Roads are rubbish for quick starts just now. You will see the difference on nice dry, clean road surfaces where you can give it some welly.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Your never going to get the power down at this time of yr!! Irgone the wee diks in their 1.2's!

Jap Shed
Hang on, if max power is reached before the green light, why have the limiter removed and rev to 7800 rpm when you get a remap ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hang on, if max power is reached before the green light, why have the limiter removed and rev to 7800 rpm when you get a remap ?

Max power on a standard car comes on at just over 7k, assuming your power band changes when it gets remapped it'd be higher.