ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

faster 182

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So you've resolved your "scared chick" going round corners issue then ?

If you've got £4k to spend on making a slow car slightly faster, exhaust, decat, matched inlets, cams, remap, then stick it on bodies, or just S/C the thing.

I'd rather take the £7-8k and actually buy a faster car if I wanted to go faster, but that's me...

Good luck.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Where are everybodys manners.. let me be the first to welcome you to the forum :) soooo will you be coming to any meets sometime soon :eek:

You can get some good gains with ITB's, Cams, Remap and Exhaust (yozza exhaust is the highest rated on here).. Probably best to get it done by somebody who knows what there doing too e.g K-Tec racing or BTM both in the traders section on here.. Good luck!

clio sport 182
I took my car to two techs in dartford it was a shock and the tracking was way out so been resolved thanku. And thanku mike RS for the warm welcome lol I wud like to come to some meets have to upgrade my car first show u fellas up ha ha:rasp:

RB 182
i really did think that maybe on the last page pictures would have been shown :/ i have been let down. Just get mace to draw a picture of her

Whilst modding a car for more power can be fun and rewarding there are some alternatives:
  • As Colin Chapman used to say "To add speed, add lightness" - lose weight (the car not necessarily you)
  • Upgrade the nut behind the wheel, ie invest in improving your own driving ability - there are some excellent driver training courses that will help make you a safer but quicker, more progressive driver
  • Try some track days - you'll be able to drive it faster on track than you will on the road
  • Swap it for a faster car - if you like the 182 buy one that's already been modded and proven
  • As someone else once said "To go faster, stop quicker". Try some stickier rubber and some bigger brakes.
Jmtpw.

Giulietta 940
I took my car to two techs in dartford it was a shock and the tracking was way out so been resolved thanku. And thanku mike RS for the warm welcome lol I wud like to come to some meets have to upgrade my car first show u fellas up ha ha:rasp:

You from SE London then? ;)