ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest FWD car in the UK !!!!!!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Hijacked from the williams web site - that is one hell of a good time.....well done to the lad 11.4 @ 122

Attachments

• r 5.jpg
    r 5.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 399
yup, cant see that time lasting all that long with what Matt plans on doing... i'm sure if he cant beat that we'll soon see the worlds first TT powered Clio MK1 or R5... still, the ginger sleeper is a hilarious guise, Ferrari drivers must hate people like you and the R5 driver Matt!

Shows whilst all these lastest modified Clios are in the limelight the Renault 5GTT is still the ultimate Renault for power to weight! Its the fastest FWD in the UK! Awesome time... when you consider the Pagani Zonda takes 11.99 secs to reach 1/4 mile at half a million quid or so! would still get a whipping off this 5GTT! Long live the 5GTT! :approve: Its time Renault started fitting Turbos to Clios!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
My mate has a rover 200 that has done an 11.4 @ 137 mph but traction from a standing start is terrible - this Renault 5 wont be No 1 long. Jordy is now running 350 bhp in his scirroco + he has 100 bhp of NOS installed....this will see 11's soon. 4WD isnt the way to go as this may help from launch but it slows you down after that - ive achieved a 1.9 60 foot time in the TT and as ive stated before this is Subaru territiory - its down to driver control and skill.

11.4 @ 122 is a brilliant time........hes had this car 10 years and has obviously put a lot of money into it

http://www.an-racing.com/

Last edited:
j3ned said:
My mate has a rover 200 that has done an 11.4 @ 137 mph but traction from a standing start is terrible - this Renault 5 wont be No 1 long. Jordy is now running 350 bhp in his scirroco + he has 100 bhp of NOS installed....this will see 11's soon. 4WD isnt the way to go as this may help from launch but it slows you down after that - ive achieved a 1.9 60 foot time in the TT and as ive stated before this is Subaru territiory - its down to driver control and skill.

11.4 @ 122 is a brilliant time........hes had this car 10 years and has obviously put a lot of money into it

http://www.an-racing.com/

But this 5GTT didnt have Nos :D

Last edited:
  FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Hopefully we'll see Andy's Rover Vs Sunny's FRST at TOTB 5, the top speed records will be broken for FWD aswell :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
he will lose that record next year - andy has done an 11.4 @ 137 but it wasnt an official timing set up

Chocolate Bar™
my mates trying to set the record for fastest FWD car in his mini next year. dropping a turbo'd hyabusa engine into it - specifically for the drag so it'll be clocked to high heaven. hes also hoping to become the fastest R5 in the country, but details of that are a secret ;) i know hes just in the process of building an engine hes had imported from america which hes turboing. hes aiming for 10's lol

MKIII 138
Martin. said:
I raced this 5 it's rapid as f**k...think he missed a gear and ran 12 sec against me.

vid

fuc off thats awesome !

is that FWD ???? wish my cup could get traction like that, what makes it launch so fast without spin is the the LSD