ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code DF006 Knock Sensor - Car Misfires / Will not idle

Black Gold 182
I had to have my car towed home by RAC the other day and fault code was as above.
He said it was unlikely that the sensor was causing the problem and it must be the coil pack.

I therefore purchased a coil pack and car still wont idle/misfires.

Will car automatically get out of "get home" mode, or do I need it plugged in again...? Or would the Knock sensor cause the misfire/lack of idle?

Any help apprciated.

I have a 182.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think once the fault is fixed, it will take itself out of limp mode eventually. That's what I think.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It won't automatically clear but the symptoms would dissappear if it was fixed (which its not if its still missing).

Some recovery guys are great, others not. I remeber Daveski's Megane coming in from the AA with a report saying the gear position switch caused it to cut out... which a manual gearbox on a Megane doesn't have!

Never base spending of your cash on the results of a code reading session as it normally ends in tears.

Mick

Black Gold 182
Well I have now changed the coil pack and the plugs.....still no luck.
Thinking of changing the leads......cant think of anything else?!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
which cylinder is it missing on? swap a lead from one working and see if it moves. if it doesnt then you have something else wrong

make sure all your injectors are plugged in properly

Black Gold 182
which cylinder is it missing on? swap a lead from one working and see if it moves. if it doesnt then you have something else wrong

make sure all your injectors are plugged in properly

How do i work out which one it is missing on?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i cant remember how to now lol. i think it was, disconnect one at a time, and if it did konk out, it wasnt that one, work your way through them until you find the one that still lets the engine run with it unplugged.

not 100% sure so best to find out first before it does something wrong