ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault code p0335

clio sport 182
hi all just wondered if anybody could help recently the 182 has developed a random misfire hard to really explain when this occurs as it seems to happen when ever it feels like it eg engine warm or cold low rev high revs doesnt happen all the time but definitely every day.

first time i noticed it the engine management light flash about 5 or 6 times then went off but after a day or two the management light stayed on constantly

plugged it in to the code reader and came up with the fault code p0335 which said crankshaft position sensor - circuit malfunction

has any one had this problem before? is it something i can do my self? is it just a case of changing the sensor?

i know there is loads of threads about the misfire but none thats actually came up with this fault normally a case of ht leads coil pack or injector but this doesnt seem to give the same fault code as the other threads ive read about

any help is much appreciated

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Could try removing the crank sensor and cleaning it, check the wires and connector for damage or corrosion. Failing that most likely the crank position sensor. I'm not 100% on those engines and hopefully someone else will enlighten further or agree lol.