ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Reader/Resetter - Where can I get one from?

Clio
Fault Code Reader/Resetter - Where can I get one from?

My engine management light has come on and its was cleared by a mechanic with a laptop connected to the car as apparently there were many faults on there. He said when it came on again to call him. It did and it came out as being the post CAT lambda sensor. I replaced that today. The engine management light is still on, so I called him and he said he needs to now clear the fault because I put on a new sensor. He said once he has cleared it that it should never come back on again.

Thing is, if the light does come on again, I cant keep spending money getting this guy to clear the fault all the time.

Therefore, where can I get one of the fault code readers that can clear these faults and switch off the Engine Management Light?

twingo
its false economy to turn the light off. rectify the problem, or pay a good mechanic who knows renaults inside out to track down the reason why this light is coming on. ignoring it may lead to catastrophic failure and your 50 quid ebay code reader won't be too much of a cost cutting route at that point!

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
I was looking for a scan tool recently just a general one for the car that would enable me to read fault codes and that and someone pointed to one of these on E bay item no

I bought mine from this seller it's a great bit of kit it gives plenty of access to car functions etc and is not just limited to the renault ok I appreciate that there's far cheaper out there but this bit of kit is excellent value for money great if you have a modern car that has electronic hand brakes etc. Sadly due to my only clio now being my track project and currently being a bear shell having sold my road going one I have not had chance to plug into a clio but I am pretty sure it will do the job so far I have had plugged into my Astra GTC sri diesel, A5, and mini cooper S and no issues. Just check the listing as some a are cheap with high postage costs.
I know it maybe more than you need but if you often mess around and like to DIY on your car this Kit is great.

Clio 182
Can anyone recommend a good one of these readers (cheap as will only use once) and sounding stupid how do you use them?

Where do they plug in...?

What size lead does a 172 need?

Where do you find the answer for the code given on screen?

Thanks guys