ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault reader stuck mid scan

Clio 182
Got the orange eml on so got myself one of those cheap obd2 readers. It will establish a connection but gets stuck mid scan at 2 bars. If I donitnright ignition off it scans fully then says there's no fault codes. Very annoying.

Plugged it in. Waited. Turned ignition on. Starts scan and then sort of freezes. Is this the scanner or something I'm doing wrong?

Clio 182
This is the second one I've tried. My friends was a bit more expensive and just kept coming back couldn't establish a connection

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
None of the cheapo obd scanners are great on the renaults. Get a clone clip off ebay miles better

Clio 182
Cheers guys. I tried a more expensive one with no joy.

Car runs fine (clio 182) and I think it' to do with the decat, although it had a remap and this was meant to be erased so I'm stumped

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Light will eventually come back on with decat and stock map but does not usually affect performance. A couple of options really - reset as and when necessary or remap to get rid of it. Who mapped it ?

Clio 182
Well it' been mapped and they removed code p0420 which was meant to be cat lambda that comes on with a decat... so I'm surprised there is even a light on to be honest. Even though this is a different code

P0136 is : O2 sensor circuit malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 2) this was the one that came on...

P0420 is The fault for a decat: P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1 sensor 2. (This was meant to be wiped from ecu)

I' sure they both sensors still have to be working even though the second code was wiped?

dan's cast offs.
If it's off the only time the post cat should flag up is heater circuit if it's not plugged in.

What was the sensor showing on live data?

Clio 182
Only used an obd2 reader and that was the fault. Not sure about live reader?. I've reset it now and its stayed off but ive only drove about 5 miles since.

Maybe the wiring on the second lambdas not quite right? It was taken out the cat and stuck into the decat at a different angle. Maybe wires bent and not quite getting the connection causing a circuit malfunction? Plus it has one of those adaptor things that' meant to fool the ecu but that won' be doing much since the remap surely