ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty Fuel Pump perhaps...

Honda & VW
Well after my mates Ph2 172 started playing up on start up recently mine has decided to follow in suit.

Couple of weeks ago it didn't start first time, so turned key back then forward again and all was fine - fired up straight away.

Then lately it's becoming pretty much each time i go out in the morning about to head to work, turn ignition on wait for the lights to go out then turn it over and normally it starts within the next 2 attempts, sometimes i have to press the throttle slightly whilst turning it over to get it to start.

I've searched and seen others with similar symptoms but the odd thing with mine it some days it does just start first time no problem. Like today when i left work (9 hours after parking the car up) it started first time no problem at all.

TBH i have tried listening out for the fuel pump but can't actually hear anything, whether it's me not picking up on it or the pump actually not working i have no idea.

It always puzzles me when it's not consistant......

Honda & VW
After reading up on here about TDC sensors i'm going to give it a go and remove/clean it this weekend, got 2 extremely capable mates (one's a mechanic) if i fudge things up :D

If i need to replace it where is my best place to buy from?

Seen one on ebay for £50 with the loom, good price? (new style with blue plug)

PH1 172 Sport
Could also be the o-ring leaking where the fuel line connects to the fuel rail. This is what was causing mine to do the same as yours.

I assume it was leaking slightly when the car was stood overnight so on the first crank no fuel was going through.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
After reading up on here about TDC sensors i'm going to give it a go and remove/clean it this weekend, got 2 extremely capable mates (one's a mechanic) if i fudge things up :D

If i need to replace it where is my best place to buy from?

Seen one on ebay for £50 with the loom, good price? (new style with blue plug)

sod paying £50 chap,

go to your local motor factors think i payed 28quid for mine, and its the same one renault sell's

clio 182 (fp04zgh)
in your engine compartment fuse box there are 3 small black relays, 1 is the fuel pump relay. ive experienced 2 problems with these. 1 water ingress and making a poor connection between the relay and the board. 2 the wire coming off the bottom corrodes. check these 1st as these are the most common faults for non fuel pump starting we experience at renault wolves. tdc faults wont stop your fuel pump priming