ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fautl Thread on Behalf Of Tigger

hi all, posting here on belhalf of trev (Tigger)

his car wont start, the igintion comes out but the car wont start, wont turn over, doesn do anything when he turns the key.

i thought it was the TDC sensor but can anyone shed some light of the subject.

cheers.

trev will post up as soon as he can

**EDIT**

tis a PH2 172

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Nope all is fine until I turn the key (after coil light goes out as normal) then NOTHING
No sound or any clue as to what it is at all

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Nope all is fine until I turn the key (after coil light goes out as normal) then NOTHING
No sound or any clue as to what it is at all

Ok, well all i can say is try a new battery
I've had this with both my clio's, and to my experience battery's do just die in clio's, meaning enough power to light up dash etc, but not enough to start.
My diesel even flicked it when i was at my dealer, they drove it off the ramp all fine, i go in to pay the guy, afterwards get in my car, and nothing happened when turning the key lol

How old is the battery btw?

clio
is there no sound at all is it not even trying. sounds like starter check the connections to the starter motor. mine were loose causing this to happen

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Where do I even look to check that? lol

I'd guess the battery is there from day one, and the car is 5yrs old this month - suppose I know what it wants for its birthday now lol

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
It could be what conclio says, the starter will sit anywhere around the flywheel, where exactly i don't know either.

But if you say the battery is 5years old, i dare to put money on it being the battery, i'm surprised i didn't die earlier

"Navy" N17 TWO
Has had a starting problem twice this year already (few months apart) but it turned over & didn't fire up.
Jump-starting got me going again both times.

PS - I've only had the car since last December

White Sti Hatch
i think Beef-Mc had/has the same problem mate dunno if he got it sorted might be worth while throwing him a PM....

"Navy" N17 TWO
Stuck in not-the-best possible place (I'm at a course at the moment hence being on here lol) so the AA card may come in handy tonight!

"Navy" N17 TWO
PS - I had the car running for 20 mins before -hand

Had stopped to pick up a mate, jumped back in less than 2 minutes later and found the problem as above

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Yeah no probs with lock/unlock and radio & electrics comming on.

I got back to the car after it was parked for 2 hours, tried my luck with the key again and it started without a problem! :eek:

Went for a run in it and pulled into a filling station. Got out, locked it, came back and unlocked it etc - dead again. :S Jump-started it to get me home

"Navy" N17 TWO
Went out to the car this-morning with my AA card at hand and all, and the French f**ker STARTED :rolleyes:

What the hell am I to do now to find out what was causing it? :S

Aye mine does this, though my dials flicker when I try to start it.

Works fine after a jump start though, the batteries shot so needs to be repaced as far as I can work out.

White Sti Hatch
Aye mine does this, though my dials flicker when I try to start it.

Works fine after a jump start though, the batteries shot so needs to be repaced as far as I can work out.

get a new one you cheap Student and see if it solvs it !

"Navy" N17 TWO
Would anyone even buy a battery from Halfrauds? :S
I'd probably get an upgraded one from the people I got my ICE install from if I need to replace it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
connector onto the starter motor, had a look at a 1.2 16v doing this last week, was a corroded conector going onto the starter motor, i changed it for a new one and was sorted

White Sti Hatch
Mine feel off on my Old Ph1 ( the connector not the starter motor) it was a white spade connector might be the same on yours.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Starter connections are fine from what I could see yesterday, there is a spanking new brass nut on there :S

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Any more news on this? Is it generally just in the cold?
Mines been doing it for about 4 years now, generally just in the cold and wet put together really, tho it bump starts fine, and works if you put a permanent live down the starter relay hole........