ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS 0-60 all day?

A4 Avant
I know it's extortionate! I was looking forward to buying a few runs, but I won't be at that price!

Last edited:
  R35 GTR
We should protest by doing the slowest 0-60 ever.:clown: Cant kick you off if you've paid for it.:evil:

182cup & 172 racecar
;)£7.50 is a complete ripp off and nobody should do it(I dont know how much these places usually charge)but sound bl--dy expensive,thats more than £1.00 per second,unless your Baldlocks of course

R35 GTR
;)£7.50 is a complete ripp off and nobody should do it(I dont know how much these places usually charge)but sound bl--dy expensive,thats more than £1.00 per second,unless your Baldlocks of course

When you put it like that. £1.50 a second for me.lol.;) I will do a 0-60 in 1 hour as a protest.

To run the sprint track the cost break down is:-

£2500+vat for timing with digital boards and print outs
£300+vat for staff
£700+vat Public liability insurance
£100+vat tickets and mailing
=====
£3600
vat - £630.00
=====
Grand total - £4,230.00 / £7.50 (cost per run) = 564 runs over 6 hours. Or £6.33 per run when buying three.

This DOES NOT take into account the additonal costs to use that section of the venue.

FCS is simply charging what many other events charge for the past 7-8 years.

All aspects of the show have to be funded somehow. Places like the Pod have equipment installed thay dosn't cost an arm and a leg to hire.

I would love to do it cheaper but FCS has to pay its bills and the sprint track usually runs at a loss.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
As the show is club based, we try to offer the best value we can and this is reflected in the price remaining at £10 between 2001-6 and a modest increase for 2007 with a first class venue and loads of attractions.

R35 GTR
As the show is club based, we try to offer the best value we can and this is reflected in the price remaining at £10 between 2001-6 and a modest increase for 2007 with a first class venue and loads of attractions.

I hope it goes well this year, i mean it. Last year was not brilliant, so if this year is a screw up there is no way I would try for third time lucky.:)

figures sorted.

FCS rapidly out grew Brunts thats the problem of 2006 plus the showground was water logged and we changed it about the night before so all signs were binned. It pissed down for days including the saturday so we won't be back at an airfield. Many people didn't realise the show was about cancelled.

Figure amended - cheers

It may well cost 16-17p a second for the gear to be on site with staff, insurance etc but the track cannot operate 100% capacity due to change overs etc

Last edited:
Okay here goes.

I have reviewed the costs and doen the following:-

1 - Removed the shipping charges from sprint tickets
2 - Added a coupon code - cliosport which knocks £1.50 off a single use sprint ticket now costing £5 for the next 7 days.

Best I can do folks.

I have also globally reduced the prices as follows:-

x1 run £6.50
x2 runs £12
x3 runs £16

Repeat coupon code is - cliosport (only useable on single run)

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=16135&cat=0&bestseller

Cheers
Mark[/QUOTE]

R35 GTR
:) Thats a more tempting price. Can i pay with paypal, I have cash sitting in my account doing nothing.

80MPG BEEZA
seems good to me the guys went out of his way to drop an already cheap price just to cheer ou guys up, hats off to him

last year it was £20 on a disused airfield. This year its down the pit straight of a 78 million pound venue so the costs have gone up moderately and still will never cover the cost of actually running it.

£16 for three runs is not expensive for a car show.

They are selling so the balance is right.

Cheers
Mark

A4 Avant
How many runs are you hoping to fit in on the day. Are you selling tickets there and how many tickets are you hoping to sell?

Cheers.

There are no all day passes this year so far. Its only running for 5 hours or so and we'd get complaints about how many runs people didn't get.

I wouldn't imagine people want to spend hours just circulating the sprint track when there is so many attractions.

It is possible to add an all day pass maybe for say £25 but people would have to accept its not quite got the same access and turn over as 2006. What do you think?

Golf R/Leon FR
so that would be £25 quid all in inc entry?? or on top of entry price??

id order an all day pass i think im sure you'd get your moneys worth, there were queues at FCS 06 so it wouldnt bother me.