ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS 09 Track Time *updated 20/03*

French Car Show 2009 Track time
Rockingham, Northants.
Date: Sunday 14th June 2009.

Exclusive Clio sport Track Sessions at FCS 2009.

You can either purchase one thirty minute session for £34.99 or two for £59.99.

Session(s) will take place on Rockingham’s awesome 1.94 Mile International Super Sports Car Circuit as used by BTCC.
The International Circuit includes the main grandstand straight, banked oval, and the technical infield sections offering unrivalled views for the spectator.

t_16173.jpg

Length: 1.94 miles
Width: 11 meters
Max.Min Bank Angle: Turn 1 - 7 degrees
Turns: 12

Allocation will be on a first come, first served basis
As this is a club event, it is open to ClioSport club members only.

Unlike previous years, the wonderful people at French Car Show Ltd will be now be handling all the bookings/payments for these sessions.

Please see the following link:
>> http://frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=16175&cat=253&page=1 <<

Price does not include general admittance – see http://frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop
If you have any issues or queries then please email me day@cliosport.net

Last edited:
Most places don't do they. I have my eyes on two, worst case I can fit mates safety device one or I'll go whole hog n buy the one I'm after

we only allow slick tyres on cars with roll cages fitted Mark.

Kind regards,

[SIZE=+1]Jonny Leroux[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Director[/SIZE]

BookaTrack.com Ltd

Bus w**ker
lol nice sales pitch Day. ;)

I've skinted myself this month so if there is any left for the CS session on payday I'll book on then, if not I'll just sign up for a normal n00b session.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
i dont mind a spirited bit of driving as we alll do but am i correct in sayin that 30 mins of track abuse on my car will completely cook my brakes i dont mind what it will do to my tyres im klookning for an excuse to change them anyway,ive lowered my car on eibach pros and put a strutbraces front and rear currently looking for solid top mounts will this help much?

Bus w**ker
You run the risk of cooking your brakes but it's not a
guarantee. If you go flat out
and use your brakes a lot or very heavily then you've a lot more chance. You will more than likely suffer fade if they are standard jobbies and possibly need to replace them if they have covered substantial mileage before hand.

The springs will help keep the centre of gravity down and give less body roll in the corners, strutbraces will do little for the handling but look pretty lol and solid top mounts should improve the handling.

But all that said it's by the by TBH as it's not competitive racing so just go out and have fun. Simples.

clio 182 black /gold
You run the risk of cooking your brakes but it's not a
guarantee. If you go flat out and use your brakes a lot or very heavily then you've a lot more chance. You will more than likely suffer fade if they are standard jobbies and possibly need to replace them if they have covered substantial mileage before hand.

The springs will help keep the centre of gravity down and give less body roll in the corners, strutbraces will do little for the handling but look pretty lol and solid top mounts should improve the handling.

But all that said it's by the by TBH as it's not competitive racing so just go out and have fun. Simples.
My brakes will certanly get cooked lol. Mine are the originals and have done nearly 36K.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Well I've got black diamond discs and ebc pads,I'm thinkin that I should deffo track my little tractor lol

Your brakes will be fine, I don't normally do more than 30 mins at a time and not had any problems apart from a little overuse at Donington once :eek:

Mine and several peoples advice after last year is to take it steady into the first corner after following the course car for a couple of laps. I think even most experienced of us were caught out lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks for the advice can't wait for it ni shouldn't be getting nowhere near the speeds you people will be doing in your sports but I shall take it steady till I get used to the layout of the track! Can I take a passenger or is that against regulations?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Excellent where's the best place to get track day insurance or shall I not bother,I'm not planniin to bin my car but I can just imagine some1 trying to overtake and muck up!

Bus w**ker
There's a thread in the something/something else/insurance section. Do a quick search in there. But quickly I'll be going with MORIS or CCI.

And good on ya for tracking it. :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol cheers fella, probably be the only diesel ont the track but after its remap it should have plenty of torque to pull me out of corners lol do many people get the insurance or do they not bother?

Bus w**ker
Lol cheers fella, probably be the only diesel ont the track but after its remap it should have plenty of torque to pull me out of corners lol do many people get the insurance or do they not bother?
Most people don't bother from those I know personally that track shiz, but for £15 or whatever I can't see why not to TBH. But each to their own.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
if i get my seats through in time and track time hasn't been filled up, ill book myself in.

ITB BG 182
Oh balls, ive just gone and bourght some track time i didnt know i would be able to go on the cliosport run aswell. Anychance i can just pay the difference and join in with this lot then?

ITB BG 182
hello mr french car man, did you get my email about the track time?

Also do we need to wear a helmet for this as i think some one told me i should take my own?

hello mr french car man, did you get my email about the track time?
Also do we need to wear a helmet for this as i think some one told me i should take my own?

hello, I did not get your message about track time, please PM me.

Yes you need to bring a helmet or hire on the day from book a track.

Mark

ITB BG 182
Right ill bring my own lid then, so some thing like a jumper with long sleeves is ok?
Is there anything else i should know about as i dont have a blinding clue about track session as this will be the first.