ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fcuking Apple !!!!!

Peddled device
After all the trouble I've been having recently, to top it all off my £5 Apple fake charging cable that I bought from Beijing Silk Market has just packed up...so I couldn't even charge my fcuking ballsed up iPhone !!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
After all the trouble I've been having recently, to top it all off my £5 Apple fake charging cable that I bought from Beijing Silk Market has just packed up...so I couldn't even charge my fcuking ballsed up iPhone !!!
Which phone you got? If its a 6 or later you can get a free battery replacement.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I read the cable comment as an additional issue he's having and the solution to his primary issue (Shagged iPhone 6 battery) is a free battery replacement courtesy of Apple. As for the cable breaking, this tends to happen when you buy cheap $hite :smile:

Though if one is happy to buy another "fake cable" then cheaper ones can be had for £3 :tongueout:

Peddled device
I think the batteries are £21 from Apple. I'm on an iPhone 6.

New cable ordered for when I get back home. Old cable back in use !

Listerine & Poledo
What Apple have done here is chucked in a bodgy “fix” for the battery issues they were having with the 6S due to the batteries being badly stored before they were installed. By under-clocking the processor they reduced the load on the power system and prevented the phone from crapping out because of the bad batteries.

To my mind this was a deeply, deeply cynical move to try and prevent them having to run a recall program - but it couldn’t completely fix/hide the issue so they had to do the recall anyway.

Is it a bad thing overall? Well if it means you can squeeze another year out of an older phone, albeit at the cost of some performance, then I’d say definitely not. But the phone should tell you, there should be a flag that the battery is on it’s last legs and the phone is running in reduced performance mode.

The 6s recall is still ongoing, mine is getting its replace battery at the weekend, then I'll try iOS 11 and see how much of a brick the phone becomes.

All Apple need to do is do an update to cancel off their throttling "for the battery" and give users the choice. Would you rather have full performance, or better battery life. Just like when you change the power preferences on a laptop. Although I suppose letting users meddle with settings is way off of the Apple modus operandi

Peddled device
The most annoying thing on an iPhone is the "Your battery is at 20%/10% you wanker, so get it on charge, ball bag!" message that cuts off voice message you are sending!

M2 Competition
The 6s recall is still ongoing, mine is getting its replace battery at the weekend, then I'll try iOS 11 and see how much of a brick the phone becomes.

All Apple need to do is do an update to cancel off their throttling "for the battery" and give users the choice. Would you rather have full performance, or better battery life. Just like when you change the power preferences on a laptop. Although I suppose letting users meddle with settings is way off of the Apple modus operandi

Dont bother getting 11. The slowing down of the battery thing is complete b****cks. The problem is that apps crash and freeze constantly with it, which i cant see being because the OS is slower to protect the battery. Other phone companies dont have this problem, so how people can say that its not a scam and defend it as a good idea is beyond me. Its all very four legs good, two legs bad.

And after the obnoxious troll in the apple store wouldnt replace my falling apart apple battery case two weeks after warranty had expired after saying that it had flaked apart due to accident damage, they can stick their next phone firmly up their bottom.

Listerine & Poledo
In fairness, unless you want to go through a "fit for purpose" argument, if the warranty has expired, that's your lot.
Make a scene about it on social media though, and you'll probably get traction

M2 Competition
In fairness, unless you want to go through a "fit for purpose" argument, if the warranty has expired, that's your lot.
Make a scene about it on social media though, and you'll probably get traction

Indeed. I went through the 'faulty' route, plus the fit for purpose one, and she said 'ive not seen it happen before (despite many reviews on their own site saying that they peel apart) so you must have broken it'. Like, i sat there and peeled the silicone off of my own phone case? or i dropped it onto a cheese grater...

Listerine & Poledo
Indeed. I went through the 'faulty' route, plus the fit for purpose one, and she said 'ive not seen it happen before (despite many reviews on their own site saying that they peel apart) so you must have broken it'. Like, i sat there and peeled the silicone off of my own phone case? or i dropped it onto a cheese grater...
It's a pretty hard argument to fight, in many cases. (no pun intended)
In stores you'll only get what the store can permit, which is minimal. You'd need to go to a bonefide Cust.Care team. Start spamming Apple UK twitter with pics of your bust product. Play their game

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Android phones don’t get updates for as long as iPhones do (they didn’t the last time I checked anyway), yet Apple get slated for the software not being perfect on 3yr old phones.

When the processing power is improving as much as it has been each year it’s understandable that an older model is going to struggle.

Listerine & Poledo
Anyone actually replaced battery and seen if there is an improvement?
I went to get mine done, but they'd "run out" of batteries for 6s
So I booked in for Saturday, they'd have one in with my name on it then....

...nope, chronic battery shortage worldwide.

Still, get what you pay for

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I went to get mine done, but they'd "run out" of batteries for 6s
So I booked in for Saturday, they'd have one in with my name on it then....

...nope, chronic battery shortage worldwide.

Still, get what you pay for
let us know :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
can't do it on android though can you, if you did you'd risk loosing your customers to another android manufacturer as they'd blame the brand, not the OS
where as apple have people stitched up like kippers from the off

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Apple are now saying it'll be March before anybody gets new batteries due to a global shortage.

Peddled device
Booked mine...gotta wait two weeks until they get a battery. Hope I can sort it before I go back to China as it's becoming a right pain.

I know of three different people who have a 6 with all the symptoms of the failing battery yet when they’ve all been to Apple for replacement they say it’s the main board that’s at fault and there’s nothing they can do.

Pretty annoying to be honest as it seems to be more common than they make out.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I know of three different people who have a 6 with all the symptoms of the failing battery yet when they’ve all been to Apple for replacement they say it’s the main board that’s at fault and there’s nothing they can do.

Pretty annoying to be honest as it seems to be more common than they make out.
So they admit a battery issue and then tell you its a mains problem to get out of doing it..

Clio 182
Booked mine...gotta wait two weeks until they get a battery. Hope I can sort it before I go back to China as it's becoming a right pain.

I was quoted the same time frame. Took 2 days then the reading store said it had arrived.
This was last week

Clio 182
The battery is at the store waiting for me.
I’ve a month to arrive and at my convenience and have it fitted on the spot.

They said the 2 week wait was for the battery to arrive, but it was 2 days.
I hope to go this weekend and I’ll update.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers for the heads up... I'm upgrading to iPhone X next month but might sell off my iPhone 6 to my mum, if so I need to get the battery sorted because it's terrible! But was planning on just turning up and getting it done at an Apple Store; guess that's not possible at the moment!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
My 6s was terrible, had really slowed down, friends would get the engaged tone when phoning me even thou I wasn’t on the phone, alerts and notifications missing, rubbish battery life.
Went in to the Apple store in Basingstoke, they said to come back in an hour and one of the special team will see me.
Saw a guy and explained my problems and he was more than happy to change my battery...FOR FREE!
Went back an hour later to a fully working phone again and even my glass screen protector was still in place.
Since the latest update the phone has got even better!

Peddled device
Still no message from Apple. I even went to the store and they said "your allocated battery is the only one you can have and it's not in yet". It's been more than 2 weeks and i'm going back over to China on Monday. Pretty much no chance to get it sorted now. Fcuking rubbish !!!! I'll probably have to have it done over there.

Peddled device
So, more than 3 weeks have passed and now i'm back in China. Fcuk off Apple !!!!!
I'm so pissed off that the richest company in the world couldn't get me a fcuking £20 battery within 2 weeks, and still hasn't contacted me. Utter, utter cretins !!!!
I won't be buying anything from Apple again.
I'll be buying a battery and doing myself. Then i'm going to email Apple and tell them that I opened their fcuking iPhone myself ! CNUTS !

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is happily do mine myself, just you can’t buy genuine Apple batteries anywhere :(

Peddled device
I just complained to Apple via the chat app. Probably the most pointless complaint ever...but i'm done with Apple !

Peddled device
I've just ordered (through a friend) a new battery from Taobao. It costs 89 rmb (about £9.50) and there is a video on YouTube saying that it works fine, at least for 6 months. I'll let you know how I go on....

Reactions: DrR
  Peddled device
Update:
Just to let you all know about waiting times Apple sent an email today asking that I go to the store for my battery to be replaced.......one month after I booked it in.

One fcuking month !!!

Fcuk off Apple !!!