ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fcukyn car parks

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

just nipped out to my local tesco express, came out of the shop to find a trolley parked in the side of my clio:mad:! result 3 large dents and a two inch long scatch in the n/s door, right on the swage line!

went in and filled out a store claim form. but i dont hold much hope:(

can anyone reccomend a cheap and preferably mobile company in northants to remove dents?

oh and no cctv outside the store and conveniantly no witnessses

$%R^&*$

renault clio 182 cup

if i have to take my car to asda i drive around for ages to find the biggest space and always thinking of the car during.HATE CARPARKS.:mad:

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

cheers guys, gonna get on to tesco in the morning. i parked well away from any other cars and its quite windy here this evening, so i may have a case saying the wind blew it into the car and because they werent collecting them often enough they should accept at least 50/50 responsibility.

worth a try anyway:confused:

This happened to my dads car in a safeway carpark and they paid for the full cost of damage. Just keep onto them as they will probably think its a small price to pay to keep a customer happy and shopping with them.

Also a couple of hundred quid is small change for a massive multi billion££ company like tesco.

So good luck and dont give up. If u have free legal cover with your insurance give them a ring as they might try and get you some money.

Yaris Hybrid

I used to work as a trolley boy. The problem is there are two of you covering the whole car park and it is fine if the dumb ass dipsh1t customers would put their trolleys in the trolleys pens.

Unfortunately the lazy b***ards just leave them against curbs or lamp posts.

You just have to be careful where you park.

Dont park down hill or down wind of loose trolleys.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

biggest laugh, my car insurance is with tesco too, and my home contents insurance!!

.....come to think about it that must mean they owe me a favor...........

Oh man FFS I feel for you. Its my biggest worry. I know I wont dent the machine, but I cant trust other people to give a sh*t about it like I do.

Trolley neglegence should carry a death penalty. People who allow them to roll into other peoples cars are servile scum who should burn in hell for their sins. TAKE THE COONT BACK TO THE TROLLEY PARK YOU LAZY FOOKING IGNORANT SLIME

Skoda Fabia vRS

i did 3 years at Morrisons mate, id fully expect that you do get them to pay for it, customer service above all else was what we did, even if it involved some kind of compensation, basically do anything at all to keep the customer happy

Snotter's

problem when u park over 2 spaces is if u get someone driving a banger and is pissed at you taking 2 spaces they may damage your car

Quote: Originally posted by STEVE182CUP on 28 April 2005
if i have to take my car to asda i drive around for ages to find the biggest space and always thinking of the car during.HATE CARPARKS.:mad:

LOL

I do the same - drives my girlfriend insane

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 29 April 2005

I always park over two spaces, dont give a sh*t how busy it is:devilish:

Went to my local homebase the other day, and parked opposite a nice new red ferrari. He had parked diagonally across two spaces, to avoid people opening doors etc on his car. Did make me chuckle.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

feel for you mate, happened to my car once but i was sure it was a 4x4 that did it

i work at tescos on the weekends mate, i usually park on the end of an isle away from the store you then dont have a problem with trolleys and you can park out of the space a bit, if not i just park in 2 spaces, managers dont like that though

oh well.....

tiTTy & SV650

yeah keep on at them, tell them what you spend there and per month / per year and your immediate family and ask if theyre willig to lose x amount of cutom to the competition.

Yes theyre big and dont care about your custom you make think, but they cant turn round and say ok feck off to asda then...

An orange one

i always park across to spaces too..really pisses me off when people just open doors straight onto yours..its like for f**ks sake care a little!!

keep onto them...they will eventually pay up!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio

lol i worked as a trolley boy last year at tesco. theres too many arsehole customers that just leav trollies lying everywhere, i agree with ROY they should be shot on spot! same with the bloody neds that come down on a fri and sat nit, watched a group of them run along the bonnets and roofs of a line of parked cars! trolley boys should carry guns!

We werent really told the policy for that but if you make a fuss they WILL payout, the people who work on customer services in my store will give in so easily and will do anything to make customers happy, even out of line with policy.

[Edited by jonesyx on 29 April 2005 at 2:15pm]

LOTS!

Mate of mine works for Tesco, he reckons if someone saw the trolley hit the car then they will definately pay out. If not then they may be more difficult.

You saw the trolley hit the car didnt you? as you were walking back to it with your shopping! You ran to stop it but it was too late!

Or...

Your girlfriend was sat in the car when it happened!

Or...

Some random bloke witnessed the whole thing! (For random bloke read: a mate of yours who will say he saw it)

Just a thought. I know its a bit dishonest but at the end of the day people shouldnt leave their frickin trolleys wherever they want and Tesco should work harder at getting the damn things gathered up, ultimately its everyone elses fault but yours so why should you pay for it??

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

God some people init?

I ALWAYS return my trolley back to the trolley bay. Cuz I wudnt like to come back and see sum muppet leaving a trolley roll into my Clio. Would have a bloody fit... and bloody kill* em (*not literally tho!)

Liked the bit bout the Ferrari parking diagonally across 2 spaces, good idea really... hehe!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Quote: Originally posted by Eskiisbest on 29 April 2005

where abouts in Northampton are you. You going FCS if so convoy?
i cant go to fcs, im on call that weekend. well gutted i can tell you!:cry:

Scooby STi, FiestaST

i saw some oldish bint in a nice new merc load her shopping into her car, then as she closed the boot she pushed the trolley away from her car with the other hand and in one movement strolled round to the drivers door and got in/drove off.... the bloody trolley was off on its merry way and spun into 3 cars as it rolled to the end of its journey.

Nothing i could do, had both hands full of shopping and was too far to get to even shout at the old hag.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 29 April 2005

I always park over two spaces, dont give a sh*t how busy it is:devilish:
ha ha good lad.... me to, untill people have respect for other peoples property i will park in two spaces :D

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

got a quote for repair, £90 cash (dents/chipsaway) not too bad, but still gonna try to get some cash outta tesco tho

failing that ill take my off road truck (bobtailed v8 rangerover with lift springs and grizzly claw mud pluggers) down there and run over some trolleys!:devilish:

BMW 328 Ci

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 April 2005

I used to work as a trolley boy. The problem is there are two of you covering the whole car park and it is fine if the dumb ass dipsh1t customers would put their trolleys in the trolleys pens.

Unfortunately the lazy b***ards just leave them against curbs or lamp posts.

You just have to be careful where you park.

Dont park down hill or down wind of loose trolleys.

Too right, where I work they are just starting to get the ones where you have to put a pound in to get it out and therefore put it back to get it back like in france. People might actually have to spend 5 extra seconds to put the trolley back :eek:

They will still probably moan "oh I shouldnt have to pay a pound to get a trolley out bla bla bla"

CLIO

give my mate a call on 07740 345 933,he does dents for a living nd if you say your from cliosport he will give a discount,he lives in newton near warrington buddy..hes called stuart...hope this helps....james

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

just had a local mobile dent guy round today, he was reccomended by chipsaway. NO MORE DENTS. awesome no trace of the dents, and no paint required!

well happy:D

still chasing tesco for a contribution tho!:cry: