ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feck my cars fast!!!!!!

Tonight!! it must be the drop in temp, shes been runnin a bit rough with all the weather, it was readin 29-31 at about 7.30 when on my way down to canterbury tonite, but on the way back to london just now it was bout 20-22 and she felt soooooo much more alive, i wanted to take the long way home! (uve all been there!!;)) Makes u kinda miss those cold nights! lol!

Even tried it on with some superbike, he gave me a nod b4 leavin me in his dust, altho we both said godbye to a g60 that was tailin us both! lol!

Anyone else noticed it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye the 172/Cup do seem to be affected by high temps quite a bit..

Very noticable for me, when its below 0 temps the car feels awesome, pitty its so cold you cant go fast..

Revels Mum & Sister

_KDF you big girl! hehe JUst messing!

My car was loving it in the cold (ish) air last nite. Today at 1PM she was hating it. Too hot and not enough pulling power.

My hot air feed from the Exhaust manifold to the airbox snaped and my car runs a lot smoother now. And has more grunt to it.

WHEN ITS HOT MY CAR SOUNDS DIFFERENT TOO. LAST SATURDAY WHEN IT WAS 101 DEGREES I HAD MY AIR CON ON AND THE CAR FELT LIKE A 1.4!

Weeman sucks ****

Yeah, mines been a bit different, especially when the temp. said 38 the other day!

Shes due for a first service soon, £176.48 they want, bit steep. But, hopefully another oil change will be good?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by andysport on 13 August 2003

WHEN ITS HOT MY CAR SOUNDS DIFFERENT TOO. LAST SATURDAY WHEN IT WAS 101 DEGREES I HAD MY AIR CON ON AND THE CAR FELT LIKE A 1.4!

Yet thats cause the aircon uses about 10-15% of the engine power to run..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I dunno about 10-15%, I dont notice any power loss when my aircon is on.. just when its really hot...

Ye its very comfortable .. did anyone read the article recently about the Jag driver who got frost bite in his big toe from the aircon.. lol aparently he took his shoe and sock off on his left foot to cool down as he drove an automatic.

VW Potato

he tried suing Jag I believe. If I was Jaguar, I pay someone to kill him - much cheaper than a compo claim and once less stupid cnut in the gene pool.

g

You dont notice any difference _KDF? Thats good. Mine doesnt make much difference when on a motorway or crusing about etc but if you try and put your foot down its almost like turbo lag before the big power comes in. I suppose all engines are different though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No I dont notice any difference, not like if you have an extra passenger or if its really hot outside, or if you have a full tank or an empty tank.

Its funny though cause I will still switch it off when I race, just incase..

I hardly notice any difference with the AC on either. My 1.4 used to die with the AC on, and the MK2 172 felt a bit sluggish, but this one seems to be fine with it.