ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feeling a bit like have been screwed.....

Clio Trophy
So i had 10 years no claims bulit up, i had a claim last year so i thought that would take me down to 8 years, but apparently green light only recognise 5years, so now im down to 3 years from 10!!!!!! how can this be right ?? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

NCD (even protected) doesn't mean a thing really, they can still charge you a load more if you've had an accident.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant understand why you didnt pay to protect it as its so cheap TBH!

And its always "2 years less than our max discount" that they knock you down to as far as I aware, otherwise someone like myself with 20 years no claims could have prang after prang after prang and still be well over the max discount!

As mentioned already, although you will get 3 years discount still, you are also likely to get a loading applied to your policy due to the recent claim, so it could potentially double your policy between that and the loss of no claims.
Even with protected no claims they can still increase the initial premium due to an accident before they apply the discount.

clio 182 cup
NCD (even protected) doesn't mean a thing really, they can still charge you a load more if you've had an accident.

THIS!! Even if you make a claim against another insured driver it will still show up in your history and affect your premium even if you have NCP.
I know from experience.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Most companies are the same mate... I had 8 years with Aviva, but they only recognise 5. Had a bump, now I'm down to 3.

NCB has been discussed many times, waste of money. The difference of me going from 8/5 to 3 years was a £28 increase on my insurance! To protect them would have cost more than that in the first place. I've never protected so have saved hundreds over the years.