ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS Performance or Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads

BG FF 182
Looking at changing my brakes all round on my 182, I'm going for HC Brembo discs on the front and genuine Renault discs on the back.
I was looking at Ferodo pads as many members suggest DS2500 but I saw Ferodo DS performance pads that say they work from cold
but have similar temperature range of the DS2500. I only drive on the road at the moment and like pads that would work from cold
but still have bite for fast road use. I was hoping someone has tried the DS performance pads or both that could give me their opinion on
them and whether its worth getting them as they are cheaper.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have DS2500 in mine and I only use it on the road, its fine from cold but they give a nice bite when warm/hot.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah they are bloody expensive just for road use, mine where already in when I bought the car.

BG FF 182
I have standard brakes at the moment but they don't seem to have much of a bite, they have been on the car a while though. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I have standard brakes at the moment but they don't seem to have much of a bite, they have been on the car a while though. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

pads are probably not moving freely in the caliper. Decent quality standard stuff is plenty good enough, even for an occasional track day if you keep everything in good condition

BG FF 182
I've had the car 3 weeks so not sure when brake fluid was changed, and I will take the calipers off and check them, clean them and put copper grease on the metal slides. Thanks for the help