ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS2500

Maz

LY 200
DarthCake said:
Thats a bit aggressive for a road pad hun?!

Says they are for fast road use on Yozzasport :eek: thought they would be ideal for road/track ?? :D

Lee said:
There's nothing wrong with the standard pads, other than the price.

Now I am very :S lol (doesn't take much) the Ferodo pads were reccomended in my brakes thread . . is everyone now saying that standard are ok ?? :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've got these from Fred, squeel a bit but only a little. It does settle down a bit with time.

The thing you will find Maz is that fast road/track pads will tend to create more dust be noisier and they dont work as well from cold so unless you drive the car hard all the time you wont reap the benefit of having them. They're designed to work better at higher temperature compared to OE pads and as such unless you get them to that temperature you wont benefit.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
TBH maz - they're going to squeel alot, be crap from cold and only any real use on track.

I recently replaced Ang's pads on her 182 with standard Renault ones. They're perfectly fine. :)

Williams20V-306BHP
Maz said:
Please can anyone who uses these pads tell me if they squeel (sp) when cold :eek:

i have these pads and there spot on, no squeeling.... But mine are on Willwood superlite calipers ;)

R35 GTR
I have them, they do squeel alot, but after a few goes they are warmed up and are better than the renault ones. So good, I have to remember not to plant my foot as the wheels lock up.lol.:D

Maz

LY 200
Loony said:
The thing you will find Maz is that fast road/track pads will tend to create more dust be noisier and they dont work as well from cold so unless you drive the car hard all the time you wont reap the benefit of having them. They're designed to work better at higher temperature compared to OE pads and as such unless you get them to that temperature you wont benefit.

Cheers for that now I understand :eek:

DarthCake said:
TBH maz - they're going to squeel alot, be crap from cold and only any real use on track.

I recently replaced Ang's pads on her 182 with standard Renault ones. They're perfectly fine. :)

Does Ang track her Car Si ?? :)

Dave3141 said:
I have them, they do squeel alot, but after a few goes they are warmed up and are better than the renault ones. So good, I have to remember not to plant my foot as the wheels lock up.lol.:D

^^ is that road use only Dave ??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
With windows up and stereo on can't hear the noise at all. I drive 90% in birmingham, stop start all the time so wouldn't have them on if it was that bad. From cold stop pretty much as good as standard, but better when warmed up.

i have these pads and theyre simply great. when theyre cold they are almost like the standard ones, but when they are hot... they rock...amazing difference. the drop of the nose of the car is simply amazing. i also changed the brake fluid with one of a bigger dot(castrol racing i believe). this is the first mod that i dit to my car and i am soo happy with it. :)

hope you dont mean dot 5, you'll be upsetting BenR if you have. dot 4 castrol response is fine for M power BMW's and Porsche's so i think its fair to say it'll be adequate for a clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
these pads a fekkin awsome, had them fitted since aug last year, and they are superb :)
i find them to have a brilliant bite fom cold, i've never had them fade out, and i drive my car like i stole it lol

they do dust up more, but with anthricite alloys thats not a problem lol

do it, good set up with o.e discs

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine don't, maybe you need more copperslip? lol

only thing i found was a few mm needed grinding from the pads on fitment

Tappd'd RS
I have these on my Evo - they do squeal when cold and sometimes when very warm but they are truely awesome!

No hint of fade and much cheaper than a 6 pot upgrade :)

E91 M Sport
Had these on my 182 and they didn't squeal once - get them installed properly and you'll be ok.

They also worked better than the OEM pads from cold. Once warm they were just silly..the car would almost endo.

endo.jpg

I'll be getting a set for the V6, no question.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
DS2500 are fine for road use. I'm using them at the moment and they work fine from cold, and mine barely squeal at all, just slightly every now and again.

If you were looking at DS3000 or PF '97's then i could understand people saying they are overkill, but DS2500's are a good fast road pad which will do the job nicely on the odd trackday.

If you are planning on doing a track day or two in the future which i'm sure you've said you are then these would be ideal i'd say. Standard OEM pads are fine and will do, but these are just better. A bit more brake dust but they aren't that bad.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
miketheman2k said:
Had these on my 182 and they didn't squeal once - get them installed properly and you'll be ok.

They also worked better than the OEM pads from cold. Once warm they were just silly..the car would almost endo.

endo.jpg

I'll be getting a set for the V6, no question.

lol, i think your right about the fitting bit, as they can be a VERY tight squeeze out the box lol

I've got them on my car and they squeek but you just have to put up with it I'm a bit picky I like a quiet car its only realy noticable at low speeds though round car parks etc.
The other problem is the price £60 for them on mine vs £17 OE pads. If you ant better braking and don't want to pay a fortune ie new calipers you have to pay the price.

mine were close to 60 but i'm not from uk and the oe ones are in the 50s... so i can say that the ds2500 were a bargain for me

tri3 said:
mine were close to 60 but i'm not from uk and the oe ones are in the 50s... so i can say that the ds2500 were a bargain for me
I've not got one of these fancy fast Clios my car uses the Williams/1.8/5GTT pads which are cheaper 172/182 DS2500's are £85 I think.

Clio 197
Mine squeal a quite a bit (from cold, in the winter). But so what? I don't care really...

...great pads, and last quite a while too.

Get-em!

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Boiling Point Ranges
Dry Boiling Point
Wet Boiling Point
DOT 3
205°C (401°F)
140°C (284°F)
DOT 4
230°C (446°F)
155°C (311°F)
DOT 5
260°C (500°F)
180°C (356°F)
DOT 5.1
270°C (518°F)
191°C (375°F)
Does this help anyone, you can tell if the fluids boiling as the pedal can feel as though it's lifting up.
The DOT 5. stuff is silicone based and mixes with nothing. Halfords DOT 5.1, tenner a pop

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Boiling Point Ranges
Dry Boiling Point
Wet Boiling Point
DOT 3
205°C (401°F)
140°C (284°F)
DOT 4
230°C (446°F)
155°C (311°F)
DOT 5
260°C (500°F)
180°C (356°F)
DOT 5.1
270°C (518°F)
191°C (375°F)
Does this help anyone, you can tell if the fluids boiling as the pedal can feel as though it's lifting.
DOT5 is silicone based and will not mix with anything. DOT 5.1 Halfords tenner a pop

E91 M Sport
I think most people choose DOT4 because it lasts better (slightly less hygroscopic) than DOT5.1 and will be fine in all but a dedicated track car.

If you like changing it every few months, DOT5.1 would be a good choice.

Only bother with dot 4 stuff 5.1 is hydroscopic ie it soaks up water and rsuts the brkes if you don't chnage it very often ie ever month at worst.

182 and 5 GTT
Ive had my ds2500 on with brembo disks and braided hoses for about a week now. Difference over standard is awsome now and they obviously havnt even bedded in yet! No squeeling yet either!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I'm a track newbie as well, only been out twice. I was surpirsed how fast the OE pads faded. In fact brake fade was something the salesman warned me about on the 182s when I bought it! The second time out what I did was go on for 5 mins then come in for 2-3 mins to let them cool off. If your planning on tracking, I think uprating the brakes would be a good investment.

Evil Ally said:
I'm a track newbie as well, only been out twice. I was surpirsed how fast the OE pads faded. In fact brake fade was something the salesman warned me about on the 182s when I bought it! The second time out what I did was go on for 5 mins then come in for 2-3 mins to let them cool off. If your planning on tracking, I think uprating the brakes would be a good investment.
The 182's probalem is that the standard wheels don't let the brakes cool the old 172 wheels and turbini's were so much better cooling the brakes the dynmaic wheels are also good.