ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few niggly little things on my ph2 172!

Titanium 182
Right, when I blip the throttle from idle (standstill) the revs go up and come down with the very slightest clicking sound. It's coming from the instrumental panel but I was just checking to see if this is normal with them?

Also my exhaust is slowly getting louder when it hits around 3.5-4k, sounds like the headshield if I'm honest (tinny rattling sound). I'll take it to my local garage and see if I can have a look under it during the week if nobody knows exactly what it is!

The car's done 32k so I expect the exhaust is due to fall under the car in a heap sometime soon, too!

These are only small problems, so should I accept that all cars have their problems and it being French should be grateful these are the only problems (I am of course joking, it's better than my Zetec-S so far!)?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

ibiza cupra
not sure what the clicking is mate but as for the exhust get under the car and check the heat shield hasnt come loose. this hapend to mine and was making a right racket but when i secured it back up it was fine. but like you say it`s probly going to fall off soon anyway. lol

M

mini-valver

The exhaust probably needs a new cat to centre section joint (Renault sell these, common fault). The indtrument panel though, I have no idea!

BMW M135i
The rattle will be that the centre section is shagged, the baffles come loose and make a mega vibration at 4k.

The exhaust probably needs a new cat to centre section joint (Renault sell these, common fault). The indtrument panel though, I have no idea!
Its a bolted flange on a 172 and afaik they're very reliable really?

Black 182
The clicking noise will probably be the injectors or the charcoal canister which is normal , if you do a search you will c this issue has been coverd loads of times

Titanium 182
I was thinking the exhaust might be on it's way out - will Renault cover this under the warranty I have with them? I've only had the car two weeks so surely they should honour that?

The clicking noise will probably be the injectors or the charcoal canister which is normal , if you do a search you will c this issue has been coverd loads of times

No I know about the noisy injectors, it's definitely not them!

It's so faint that it's not worth mentioning, I can't hear it unless I get right up close to the intrument panel! lol