ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics taken, Improvements?

Petrol Blue 182.
all night shots really as thats the only time i seem to be around, all shot in RAW format so I can adjust the white balance.

They all (to me) just seem to lack sharpness really, is it something I'm doing wrong? or do I just need a better lens? I'm using the Lens that came with the camers (Cannon 100D) lens is a 18-55mm

182Bracknell3.jpg

182Bracknell2.jpg

182Bracknell.jpg

Jack3.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Jack1.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
I really like number 4 but you need better lighting on the car. For me your biggest problem is your composition of the pictures.

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.
yes, I forget to zoom in on the image on the camera when I take it, so its only when I'm on the laptop and zoom to 100% that they look soft.

scott, wats composition? :eek:

Cayman S Edition 1
Hi mate, nice pics.

Looking at your settings, you used ISO-1600, which will indeed give u that grainy look. If you'd had used a flash, you could have reduced that down as well as your exposure.

275 Trophy
I see the top was shot at ISO 1600, 1s@f/7.1. I think that's your biggest problem here, you need lower ISO and longer exposure time, possibly also stopping the lens down a little more for best sharpness.

Petrol Blue 182.
Cheers for the advice guys, I didn't even think about the ISO setting taking the pics, I'll have a fiddle about next time :)