ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few quick claying questions :)

RB 182 Cup
Alright, just bought my first clay bar kit from halfords (megs) and just few a few quickies before i use it. Ive already cut it into 3 peices (read on here to do that to make it last longer) and ive already washed the car ready to use it and been polaying with it for ages to warm it up and that.

1) Do i just spray the spray stuff on the pannels?
2) How do i rub it on i.e do i ush hard or just basically wipe it over gentally (s.p)?
3) When it gets all dirty do i just play with it again so theres no more dirt on it??

Thanks alot

Alex :)

106 GTi
As the car is already washed.

Spray the QD on the panel and get it nice an wet.
Cut the clay into 3, take one piece roll it in a ball and flatten out, Lightly rub over the surface (no need to use loads of pressure - it will marr the paint) as the clay becomes dirty fold/roll over the dirty area to get a new clean face. If it becomes really dirt or you drop it use a new bit.

Make sure the clay stays warm at all times, a cup of warm water to store it in between panesl is ideal.