ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick questions about the Clio Mk4

Renault Clio Mk2
Hi,

Brand new member, looking at buying a Clio Mk4 1.5 DCi MediaNav. Doing as much research as I can, but can't nail down solid answers to a few questions. Any help would be appreciated :)

1) This model is commonly listed as having a "Start/Stop" under exterior features. I want this to be the feature that turns the engine off when the car stops, but I have also seen the starter button being described as "Start/Stop". So does it have feature?

2) May seem an easy one, but what does the boot button on the key fob do? Just unlock it, or open it hands-free?

3) Does this model need the key fob to be inserted, or will it detect it in the cabin?

4) I gather that if the key fob battery runs out, I can use the hidden key, the passenger-side door, and the internal unlock button to get in the driver's door. But can I do all of this in reverse to fully lock the car?

5) Can I access traffic information through the MediaNav?

6) (This one is just paranoia) If the car is locked and I'm in keyless entry range of the driver door, could someone open another door?

And just cause I'm proud, have a picture of my current Clio looking all sexy.

Cheers
20170831_193440.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

Brand new member, looking at buying a Clio Mk4 1.5 DCi MediaNav. Doing as much research as I can, but can't nail down solid answers to a few questions. Any help would be appreciated :)

1) This model is commonly listed as having a "Start/Stop" under exterior features. I want this to be the feature that turns the engine off when the car stops, but I have also seen the starter button being described as "Start/Stop". So does it have feature?
No it does not have engine cut out when you are stationery.

2) May seem an easy one, but what does the boot button on the key fob do? Just unlock it, or open it hands-free?
I've never pressed it but I belive it unlocks the boot only.

3) Does this model need the key fob to be inserted, or will it detect it in the cabin?
No the fob can be left in your pocket at all times. Unless you press the buttons on it to unlock or lock the car, then the sensor won't pick the fob up again until its been placed in the dash slot again. This is a very stupid feature.

4) I gather that if the key fob battery runs out, I can use the hidden key, the passenger-side door, and the internal unlock button to get in the driver's door. But can I do all of this in reverse to fully lock the car?
Yes.

5) Can I access traffic information through the MediaNav?
I don't think so. The nav is rubbish anyway. Buy a phone holder and use Google or Waze instead.

6) (This one is just paranoia) If the car is locked and I'm in keyless entry range of the driver door, could someone open another door?
Yes.

And just cause I'm proud, have a picture of my current Clio looking all sexy.

. View attachment 1376027

We've had our dci 2 years and it's done 28k in that time and just flew through its first mot. It's been back for a recall on the front wiper mechanism and the wheels are corroding so Renault are sorting those too. Overall its been a good car and returned 62 mpg over the 28k with the wife taking it 80 miles a day on the motorway and half a mile to the supermarket.

Renault Clio Mk2
We've had our dci 2 years and it's done 28k in that time and just flew through its first mot. It's been back for a recall on the front wiper mechanism and the wheels are corroding so Renault are sorting those too. Overall its been a good car and returned 62 mpg over the 28k with the wife taking it 80 miles a day on the motorway and half a mile to the supermarket.
That's good to hear, I'm glad you're getting along so well with it. The high MPG is one of the reasons I'm looking specifically at this model. Is the corrosion you mentioned a universal problem that I'll need to watch for? And do you have any insight on the boot button?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The wheel problem is standard for diamond cut alloys, no matter what car they are on. I'll try remember to press the boot button tomorrow.