ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few shots of my Civic Type-R

RS Megane DCi 175
I'd finished a work shoot early last week and seeing as it was dry and my car was (quite) clean - I stopped off to take some pics on the way home.

Now we're almost through winter, I've a few things I want to tidy up. Honda paint is a nightmare for stone chips, so I want the front end sorted. I've also got some lacquer peeling on the diamond cut wheels so I want them tidying up too. Contemplating something totally different for my Le Mans trip this year, but will probably stick with the diamond cut tbh!

Anyway, here she is:
6793422474_d50a9c59c4_z.jpg

Honda Civic Type-R GT FN2 by d35ign, on Flickr

6793421548_3695008e19_z.jpg

6939533107_90100c94cc_z.jpg

6939532363_833904980d_z.jpg

6793419138_71b10e461e_z.jpg

6939530491_bbfdebac42_z.jpg

Also, something a bit different - helps with an empty road!

6793423130_d022b6e63d_z.jpg

Honda Civic Type-R GT FN2 - Rig shot by d35ign, on Flickr

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Simply superb Matt. You Flickr shots are fantastic.

The stance on the car is spot on. What's it sitting on?

If you're worried about the wheels just get them painted probably. Not powder coated. I hate polished wheels, they bring so much hassle!

Titanium 182
Pics of your Rig???

That last shot with the rig is a cracker. Nice looking car too. :)

Think it's a photoshop, not a rig? Pretty simple to do if it is a ps and not a rig, but to get right takes some time - this has been done really well, even blurred the windscreen nicely!

I do hope now it is a ps and I don't look stupid! :eek: Type-R looks lovely, nice example!

Mk1 Focus RS
i used to hate this shape civic with a passion but the more i see them the more i like them.

very nice :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely as usual.

I can vouch for honda paint being terrible on the new ones.I wish i had gone down the 3m paint protection thing from chips away now.i thinit was around£240 for the front end.If it gets much worse i may wrap it in white.

Think it's a photoshop, not a rig? Pretty simple to do if it is a ps and not a rig, but to get right takes some time - this has been done really well, even blurred the windscreen nicely!

I do hope now it is a ps and I don't look stupid! :eek: Type-R looks lovely, nice example!

Looking at the tip of the passenger side wing mirror, there appears to be a little section that was neglected to be blurred, so I would say it's PS.

Having said that, it's extremely good PS, looks very very smart :)

Looking at the tip of the passenger side wing mirror, there appears to be a little section that was neglected to be blurred, so I would say it's PS.

Having said that, it's extremely good PS, looks very very smart :)

Title of the last photo is Rig shot :eek:

RS Megane DCi 175
Thanks for the comments guys! :eek: Couldn't reply as our internet at work has been off all day. :dead:

Cracking photos. Is that your actual plate?

Thanks mate - no, it's Photoshopped. It's a private reg, so it isn't the year - just removed two digits that's all.

Simply superb Matt. You Flickr shots are fantastic.

The stance on the car is spot on. What's it sitting on?

If you're worried about the wheels just get them painted probably. Not powder coated. I hate polished wheels, they bring so much hassle!
Thanks Gally mate! :eek: I try, I try. The location was nothing special mind, just on my way back from a job! Yeah, contemplating the painted finish, but I either go totally different or try and replicate standard with a shadow-chrome finish. They aren't kerbed though, so just need the lacquer tidied. But you are right about them being a royal pain in the ass!

Re the setup - it's actually standard mate. The 19" wheels give the illusion of a drop I think! Have considered the FRS option though, but I can't justify it tbh, there's other mods I'd be interested in before that!

My girlfriend loves these but i'm not sure. What are they like to drive?
They're not without their flaws - vtec takes a bit of getting used to, but the engine and gearbox are up there with the best I've had. Reliability and dealers are superb too. It's not as chuckable as other cars I've had (not even close) but for what it is, I have no complaints. Go drive one!

Yup! It's actually a Photoshop, not a particularly tidy one at that if am honest! But at least it had some question whether it was indeed 'shopped or a rig! I have actually got a rig - but didn't have it with me on this job! Appreciate the feedback though guys!

Nice car - 'Should of gone to Renault' thou
lol.

Title of the last photo is Rig shot :eek:
It is Photoshopped mate - lol. Although it's a technique I'm working on to replicate a rig setup - pretty pleased with this, but after editing +300 photos earlier in the day, my Photoshopping patience was running thin when it came to this!

i used to hate this shape civic with a passion but the more i see them the more i like them.

Same here. There's a silver one that looks very much like this one that parks near me occasionally. It looks superb. Dunno if it's just the improved stance or what but it looks purposeful.

RS Megane DCi 175
:cool:

It's a very good PS in fairness!
Haha, thanks mate!

That is freaking stunning!! :rasp:
Cheers!

Same here. There's a silver one that looks very much like this one that parks near me occasionally. It looks superb. Dunno if it's just the improved stance or what but it looks purposeful.
I've always preferred this shape over the breadvan shape before it, but there's no denying it's a bigger/heavier car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive always seen it as a very modern car and will hold its looks for years.It wont date too quickly.

Also Isnt it 1210kg v's 1267kg.Not really that much in it tbh...

Last edited: