ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FF182 Aux belt shredded. Engine dead. Where next?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody joke isn't it?
I had a (relatively near by) offer to fit another engine for almost the same cost it took to get it trailered to them!
Stupid move I know but i was holding onto a dream of keeping my own original engine.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can't you play the whole 'I only paid to get it trailered to you because you said you'd look after me etc, now you aren't looking after me, you should contribute towards trailer costs'..

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Can't you play the whole 'I only paid to get it trailered to you because you said you'd look after me etc, now you aren't looking after me, you should contribute towards trailer costs'..
I did tell them that was the only reason i spent so much getting it trailered to them. She was unmoved.

£600 to diagnose the fault?
10 hours to remove the engine and see what needs replacing :unamused:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
It's a bristol street motors.
I've not spoken to head office, only dealt with Renault UK and the dealership so far.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
10 hours to assess the damage perhaps. But you want them to assess the cause of the aux belt coming off which caused the failure, as fitted by them. That part should take a couple of hours at best.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
f**k me mate that's shocking of them. Like said I would take it further.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I wouldn't trust the dealer to be genuine with the diagnosis. They'll be looking for something else to blame other than their workmanship/parts.

To have any prospect of successfully claiming anything back from them you'll have to be able to prove on the balance of probabilities that the failure was a result of poor workmanship and/or defective parts.

I would only communicate with them in writing - setting out your position and asking them to clarify their position as per your phone conversation (that they refused to diagnose/repair FoC). Then look at getting the car fixed elsewhere and depending on the diagnosis look to recover costs from them (either via alternative dispute resolution, small claims or debit/credit card company). If transport costs are going to be high it might work out cheaper to get it fixed by somewhere closer to where it is now and then get a lift/train to pick it up.