ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST at Goodwood

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looks like a bloody quick track. Not a lot of room for mistakes?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fordwater apex is circa 110-115 depending on how brave I am entering Madgwick, most I ever saw in the 200 was 111. Seems to reach peak speeds 3-5mph more before braking than I did in the 200.

Goodwood is a unique place, not been sanitised since it was built so very fast and f*** all run off. I always pucker up when going into 'no name' knowing it's where Sir Stirling ended his career!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
​Good stuff Mark, looks like its easy to provoke a bit of rear end movement so to speak should you want to lol.

What camera setup are you using these days?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah should be, I want to do a bit of work on the Trophy first, particularly the brakes. Time and money keep going elsewhere at the moment, but I'll get there soon lol. It's been far too long.

M140i
Know the feeling!! Last one I did was rockingham, miss it :( other commitments come first though. Red Baron one will reunite lol

172, Tiguan
Interesting Mark. Dave was doing 1.38.4's in his Golf fairly consistently this year and i've got you down as a 1.39 there on road tyres?

My Clio was doing 1.35's last year on the standard engine, but decent tyres and suspension, so i'm pretty impressed with that little Fiesta! I wished I'd have managed just one untroubled lap to compare this year. Such an arse!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
​Good stuff Mark, looks like its easy to provoke a bit of rear end movement so to speak should you want to lol.

What camera setup are you using these days?

GoPro HD2, 1080/30, medium FOV, mounted on a B. Hague headrest strut mount and running an external stereo microphone. Not happy with the audio so looking to upgrade that at some point.

Interesting Mark. Dave was doing 1.38.4's in his Golf fairly consistently this year and i've got you down as a 1.39 there on road tyres?

My Clio was doing 1.35's last year on the standard engine, but decent tyres and suspension, so i'm pretty impressed with that little Fiesta! I wished I'd have managed just one untroubled lap to compare this year. Such an arse!

Was doing 1:39s all day long Jon...didn't think that too bad at all when my stripped 172 Cup on soft A032s saw a best of 1:37.5. Such a shame yours played up, would have made for some good footage!

TC being turned off at 1:28?

Yep. As it goes, it intervenes with incredible subtlety...first session I thought I was doing well and it wasn't cutting in (I wasn't looking at the dash)...then my passenger said it was flashing away through every turn. I had no idea! I ran it in 'sport' for the rest of the day and it was only with a lot of provocation that the light then flickered...but it was still undetectable to me at the wheel. Very impressive system.

I'm impressed with how well it seems to slow down especially from high speed.

​I cannot fault the brakes at all. Great performance all day long and barely any wear...my wheels were still clean and shiny at the end of the day!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Very impressive, you look very quick round there. The car looks to have a really nice balance, never looks nose heavy but not snappy either. Bet its a lot of fun on track! Makes me want one!

172, Tiguan
Was doing 1:39s all day long Jon...didn't think that too bad at all when my stripped 172 Cup on soft A032s saw a best of 1:37.5. Such a shame yours played up, would have made for some good footage!

I know, such a shame. I think I'd be in and around the 1.32's. Next time Mark, next time!