ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filling my Clio up

Clio 182
I seem to have problems putting petrol into my car am i stupid? or doing something wrong? It feels like the nozel of the petrol pump wont go in very far and i can hear the petrol going in. I can only seem to fill it up to 3/4 full and then the pump stops any ideas? Do i have to push hard to get the pump further in?

fat 182
ive found that diffrent petrol stations have diffrent size nozzels on there pumps some go in all the way others dont .

BMW E46 330i Touring
I found this the first few times I filled up my 172. One time it only put about a tenner in and stopped. I wiggled the nozzle around and it dropped straight in and filled up.

Give it a wiggle!

Monaco 172 2/468
Funny that, I noticed the same on my new 172 the other day, I felt like I wasn't putting it in right :S

Megane Mk4
funny ... I noticed that on my 182, nozzle only seems to go in half way,

Might be just coz its designed like that.. Ususally if the pump "clicks out" it means its pumping the fuel quicker than its going down the intake pipe and it "backs-up" the fuel slightly which is why it clicks,Thinks its full - clever stuff is technology!! lol) Least thats what I've been told anyways...
Dont worry too much about it

Megane225FF
the shell station down the road has had new pumps installed (bet its to do with the price going over 100p!) and ever since, the nozzle's are a f>kin joke, wont fit in, then stop/start. poo.

dazraffan said:
ive found that diffrent petrol stations have diffrent size nozzels on there pumps some go in all the way others dont .

so daz where are the different size nozzles haha rob