ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F'in keys :(

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dunno if this is the right section or not but anyway.

I got 2 new keys last October as my old ones kept playing up. A couple of weeks ago 1 of them just stopped working between me getting to work and leaving work. The red light on the key just would not light up. So i changed the battery and still no joy. Stupidly I didnt book it in straight away as time was limited before FCS.

This morning the same as happened to my other key, pretty pissed off is not the word! So I phone Renault Edinburgh to book it in (I dont go to Livingston as the parts manager has told me to "F*ck off" before. After speaking to 5 people I finally manage to book it in for a week on Monday which Im also annoyed about. This is mainly cos my drivers lock has seized as it hasnt been used in 6 years meaning I have to open and lock the passenger side.

Why has this happend, the keys are only 8 months old and havent been dropped recently at all, and especially not overnight!

Sorry for the essay
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dont see it cos the keys havent got wet. If the red light was flashing on the keys then Id suspect something with the car but they aint flashing at all. Still starting the car (at the moment)