ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally a 172 owner!

Clio 2.0 172
After a very long day of travelling from Aberdeen to Hull and back again,and with my legs now quite sore and stiff,I'm finally home and I've brought a black 172 home with me! :D Few little niggles that need sorted at some point but got it for a good price I think so I'm happy with it :rasp:

Clio 2.0 172
No pics other than the pics from the sale advert which weren't the best. Basic info about it is it's a 2002 on an 02 plate,48,000 miles,cambelt and aux belt and kits have been done within the last 12 months,needs tax after next month and mot until October.

Lowered 40mm on apex springs-mixed opinions I know and a twin round cat-back exhaust which is maybe a bit loud for me

Clio 2.0 172
Cheers guys,loving it so far,can't stop smiling lol. I'll hopefully get it cleaned up tomorrow and get some pics taken,was really cold today but not all was lost,went out and purchased a megs clay kit,some new applicator pads for polish and some microfibre towels ready to get going :D

Clio 2.0 172
Haha yeh,that little kick makes it easy to find the limiter,it just makes you want more lol

Like i say,needs the thumb grips sorting and has a noticeable dent on the driver's door that will be sorted when I have some money to do so. Oh and a bottom mount at some point as theres a slight knock when you change quickly from 2nd gear into 3rd

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Haha yeh,that little kick makes it easy to find the limiter,it just makes you want more lol

Like i say,needs the thumb grips sorting and has a noticeable dent on the driver's door that will be sorted when I have some money to do so. Oh and a bottom mount at some point as theres a slight knock when you change quickly from 2nd gear into 3rd

Nice one mate glad your happy with it. Looking foward to seeing it the night ;) Oh and keep the twin round. There the future :approve:

Clio 2.0 172
Yeh,well chuffed! I will warn you it's fuckin filthy,god knows what she washed her car with but it's not how I do it lol.

Haha,it's alrite,fancy a k-tec recessed supersport or some form of round slash cut recessed in the same style

Clio 2.0 172
Haha it sure was :D Was soo tired after i got back though but waking up today made it all worth it! :D

:) I can't wait until it's me picking up a 172 and driving it back! My first car (the one I have now), I couldn't drive for half a year because I was learning in it :( So I can only imagine how fun it must be picking up a new car and giving it a quick blast knowing that it's your own.

Clio 2.0 172
Yeah was a good feeling. Going from the previous corsa 1.4 16v sport to the 172,it just puts a huge grin on my face :D haha

Congrats man and welcome to Rs ownership :)
Just be careful and don't thrash it too much as the gearboxes are s**t.

Get pics up too :)

Whats the plans for it ?

And why not a Cup ?

Clio 2.0 172
Cheers mate :D Yeah so I hear!

I'll get some pics up soon.Gave it a wash yesterday but want to do it again and it will give me time to charge the camera :)

Emm well bought it with Apex 40mm springs and an Ashley twin round cat-back exhaust. Fitted silvervision front indicator bulbs today and trial fitted my mate's BMC CDA Carbon filter today. Wanting some 182 wheels next to do gloss black

Duno,interior didn't appeal and I dont need the 'driver's orientated' version as it's a good enough car for me anyway,would rather have the better interior and xenons etc personally