ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally after a few brown pant moments..

sorry if its in another thread but is there a list as to what i need? how many and what SMD's? and any resistors and what type solder iron? if i can do this at least itll save on petrol abit :D

Monaco 172
sorry if its in another thread but is there a list as to what i need? how many and what SMD's? and any resistors and what type solder iron? if i can do this at least itll save on petrol abit :D

you planning on keeping the fuel needle to FULL all the time? lol...i tried that...doesnt work.

eh...climate control...28 i think....dash....8 in there, and then normal LEDs for switches etc

SMDs are surface mount diodes...like LEDs only for circuit boards.

and a damn fine soldering tip!

the hardest bit was making the lights up for the clocks!

you planning on keeping the fuel needle to FULL all the time? lol...i tried that...doesnt work.

eh...climate control...28 i think....dash....8 in there, and then normal LEDs for switches etc

SMDs are surface mount diodes...like LEDs only for circuit boards.

and a damn fine soldering tip!

the hardest bit was making the lights up for the clocks!

naaaw :p when its off the road ill walk to work :rasp: when im bored i go for a drive lol

clio dci 80
this looks awsome and would love mine to look like this. if someone was to produce a kit and a step by step idiot guide they would make a killing....:)

'06 Black FF 197
first thought: why why why would you turn a renault into a volkswagen??????

then I understood that we need changes in our life dont we :) great job, although I would personally go for white !

Megane 225
hi, just found this forum! I would like to do it myself on a 2008 clio dynamique sx. Where do i get the LEDs, and instructions on how to do it? looks mint!

Monaco 172
hi, just found this forum! I would like to do it myself on a 2008 clio dynamique sx. Where do i get the LEDs, and instructions on how to do it? looks mint!

the link above in the guide section, youll need to pay up though

first thought: why why why would you turn a renault into a volkswagen??????

then I understood that we need changes in our life dont we :) great job, although I would personally go for white !

orange looks pisch, and it doesnt have the red needles like a VW so its not quite a vw.

Megane 225
the link above in the guide section, youll need to pay up though

orange looks pisch, and it doesnt have the red needles like a VW so its not quite a vw.

Cheers for the link, How many will i need to convert everything on a 2008 Clio to blue? It doesnt look that expensive really. Also if i was to say break some parts do you know of anywhere i cant get replacements. Im quite up for this as i bought a Panasonic CQVD7005 in dash pop out DVD player and screen which is blue and the rest of the dash being orange would be good to get it changed.

Cheers

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Looks very smart fella!

I've pondered with the idea of fitting white SMDs and then applying enamel/glass paint to the underside of the gauges so different parts light up different colours.

I would like to keep the red needles, with white numbers, blue 'notches' round all the dials. Then can keep the red rev marker, have a red R and 'fuel gauge bottom notch' symbol......

Think I'll buy a second dash set to try the concept on first though!