ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally fitting my dash today... help

172cup
Taking the dash out of my 172cup today is it is scratched to fook. Had a new dash for months and never been arsed to do it.

Anyone done it before... is it easy... What do i do?

Tried finding a guide on here, but can't find anything.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
pull off the blue trims.... torx 20's behind there, there are some torx 20's again in the windscreen vents (be carefull not to drop the bolts in lol) . Open doors, there are either one or two visible torx bolts there. then you need to remove the plastic windscreen pillars (with the alarm ultrasonics).... they clip on, but near the top there is a clip that needs pressing in with fingers. Then i think there are two hidden around the clocks (rev counter) area under the steering colum cowling (sp)

think thats it from memory, (few months ago i did mine) might be handy to have a mate help as it can be fiddly to get out and refix
good luck lol

172cup
once the retaining bolts are out, is there anything else holding the dash in?

the dash strips & plastic pillars just clip clip off do they? I'll probably break them.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
d.brown said:
once the retaining bolts are out, is there anything else holding the dash in?

the dash strips & plastic pillars just clip clip off do they? I'll probably break them.

dash strips just pop off... the pillars... start at the roof end, think they pop once or twice, then there is a big plastic clip that clips into the pillar of the car, hard to explain but it'll make sense when you see, these just need pressing in, then they pop off.

pretty sure from memory, thats it. might be worth disconecting he battery as the passenger airbag is there.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well i'm off out now, so good luck. Taking your time is the key lol

172cup
Job done! Ta gaz. Was a complete doddle. And done it all without breaking ANY crappy french retaining clips.

Next job.... removing rear bench

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i remembered there are also two fixings behind the hazard switch plate lol!!!