ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally getting back into a Renaultsport

Clio 182 Titanium 05
Hi everyone!

My names Jack I live in Wiltshire, I'm 24 and have been around Renaultsport and generally anything French since the age of 14/15. Passed my test at 17 did the usual Saxo vtr, Saxo vts then a mk1 172 then a mk2 172. Then was boring for a bit had a 2003 Clio dynamic 1.2 (so slow but brilliant on fuel) then a 206 gti, god knows why I got that car was a 140bhp one hated it for my year of owning it. Back in 2015 I got myself a Red Clio 197 cup, ended up being a money pit which my financial situation at the time wasn't ready for then ended up being rear ended in mid 2016 by a woman in a BMW X5 who was taking her kids to school.

Never mind onwards and back into a Renaultsport Hopefully will be getting myself a late 2005 Artic silver 182 full fat (correct me if I am wrong on colours and general Clio terms). The car has 74k,FSH, usual cambelt ect done a few times, it's a 1 owner car completely standard apart from a "powerflow" cat back which I will be swapping for a ktec item with decat!

Currently using my crap iPhone to do this so will upload pictures tomorrow of said car I will be looking at this weekend. Plans are as follows.
-Ktec exhaust with decat
-cooksport 30mm springs
-2nd set of wheels - pro race 1.2 or turinis?
-whiteline RARB
-usual powerflew bushings up front

Then looking into early 2018 I would like to get back into some track driving and want to do a ring trip as have before but as a passenger. So rear half cage, buckets & harness, aftermarket rs steering wheel, and some sticky tyres. If anyone could recommend what to look out for other than the usual Clio things and also any recommendations on brands, companies or parts to use. Tyres are one I literally find myself not knowing what the Clio likes best!

Thanks for reading if you've got through that lot, look forward to being part of the forum! JB.

Clio 182 Titanium 05
Welcome mate car sounds ace :smile:.

Any pics?
Hi there pal Ive just tried to work this out on here and I hopefully have added a few I've sent off the iPad. Not the best pictures but gives the idea of a clean base to start with.

Attachments

• IMG_6406.jpg
    IMG_6406.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6408.jpg
    IMG_6408.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 94

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Welcome Jack
Let me know when you fancy the Ring, as I do too next year. Would bring the wife as co-pilot too, altho we r old enuff to be your parents . LOLOL.

Clio 182 Titanium 05
Welcome Jack
Let me know when you fancy the Ring, as I do too next year. Would bring the wife as co-pilot too, altho we r old enuff to be your parents . LOLOL.

Hi Chris thanks for the warm welcome! Yes the ring is a must, when I went due to being a passenger I really did not take in the full experience of the road trip and also the ring itself obviously! Would love to get to know some of you guys on here seems like a good community of people? Are you local to Wiltshire or south west Chris, never mind if your an oldie I'll just have to be on my best behaviour haha

JB

Welcome JB
It's not " Arctic" , thats blue . It's either Titanium silver or Iceberg silver .

Thanks for the Welcome

Oh god I was very mistaken then as Imprezaworks has pointed out also, thanks for the correct info guys! Either of you two local to wiltshire?

JB

Clio 182 Titanium 05
No mate on the Wirral by Liverpool.

Blimey that's along way from me, around 7 hours driving I think, close to Blackpool?

I know I've missed FCS this year and it moved from near Chippenham (14 miles from me) Does cliosport.net have a stand at Trax show silverstone?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome Jack. That silver 182 sounds like a good buy. When you looking at buying? The club are officially attending trax this year, have a look on the meetings section and get signed up.

Clio 182 Titanium 05
Welcome Jack. That silver 182 sounds like a good buy. When you looking at buying? The club are officially attending trax this year, have a look on the meetings section and get signed up.

Hi there mate! Thanks for the welcome :)
I've been looking for months and months for the correct Clio (I am very very fussy) I wanted the best I could get for the money I had to spend. Have arranged to go Saturday late morning to view the car, I have a deal with the seller for a couple of things that I want them to get rentec to sort out providing i like the car on Saturday (no doubts at all though). Will put deposit down then I'm away with work until the 3rd of August, So gives them time to get the bits I want done on the car, and what extra bits I want fitted for me to collect the car the morning of the 4th August and then I'm taking mother out for lunch and taking her shopping as promised her lunch and clothes shoppping on me haha!

Just still working out the forum but will get on to signing up asap mate, thanks for the invite :)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Would that be Worthing area just along from Brighton Chris? I have a friend I'll be going down to Brighton to see soon so hopefully can sort a little drive & meet

Yep- just down the road. Be nice to have a meet up if you get down this way.:smile::car:

We did have a meet for Brighton planned, where lots expressed an interest, then everybody sort of faded away. Shame- i was looking forward to it