ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally

53 plate 172

Its been a long 3 months but I picked up my new Monaco Blue 172 today and am well pleased.

I now feel I can finally send off for my cliosport sticker and membership and become a member of the club.

Thanks to everybody who helped answer my queries the past few weeks.

Cheers

This has bugged me ever since i ordered it some blue ones look nice some not so nice... But to be honest i see to many silver and black ones and not enough blue and reds no offence meant

Ziel Nurburgring

Get mine on Saturday in blue, got the stickers already! Reckon it depends on whether yuo have supaguard or not.

No, the name is just what i get called sometimes .......... dunno why :confused:

Im from manchester, Oldham to be exact.

Boyo

great stuff - last night i agreed a deal for a 1 year old blue 172 and pick it up on friday - really chuffed - look forward to checking this board out more after being something of a lurker...

Ziel Nurburgring

Cant wait for the 650 miles of running in to be up so i can get out and chase other 172s like a little dog after a ball!! :D

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..hehe..picked up my monaco blue 172 last tuesday, well chuffed. I think the blue looks really nice, and like others I have said, far too many silver cars around...

If I get time when I get home Ill post some picks I took after washing it the other day!

Mine was supaguarded too....

Adrian

tell me about this supaguarding then.. guessing that was an option from new...? dont think mine has had it - worth doing now or some other paintwork treatment/protection..?

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 28 October 2003

Cant wait for the 650 miles of running in to be up so i can get out and chase other 172s like a little dog after a ball!! :D
Just have fun with the torque low down, finished my 625 miles on the way to donny on saturday! :D

53 plate 172

I echo Watford Red, whats this supaguard all about?

My car needs a bloody good clean to be honest, wasnt sparkiling when I picked it up but I made a good saving against the dealer so not a problem.

Wheel arches are picking up loads of crap too, anybody got any views on mudflaps - useful or not?

cheers

fao pete 172, what happened in donny on saturday, I live local, have I missed something, p.s. do you mean donnington for a track day, or doncaster for a motor show??

Quote: Originally posted by sn00p on 28 October 2003
its approx 260 quid I think for supagard...Adrian

Youre joking, car dealers buy that stuff for around £20 each and it only takes 30minute to apply it, and dealers dont always apply it.

Ive got a relative who works for Peugeot and that where I got that info from.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..and?

If you buy from a dealer then you pay dealer prices that includes the cost of any work! I had a sensor replaced in my old clio which must have taken about 2 minutes to do (when it went wrong again I checked it out) and for that I got charged about 40 quid labour....

..bottom line is the supaguard was "free" in that the cost was deducted from the price of the car, so I dont care!

Adrian

My dealer wanted £200 for supaguard, i dunno how much ive ended up paying but its now where near that ;)

Boyo

Its like a protective thick wax put on the paintwork to keep it "shiny". Do a search through google and youll find everything about it :)

Boyo

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 28 October 2003

fao pete 172, what happened in donny on saturday, I live local, have I missed something, p.s. do you mean donnington for a track day, or doncaster for a motor show??
Sorry for the confusion, travelled up saturday for the cliosport meet at Donnington Park on sunday!

Clio Cup racing there too!