ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding out locking problem (need for replacement parts)

Jap Box
Hi,

Rung renault today to ask about parts on fixing th problem with my locks, they priced me fo £60 for new passenger lock barrel, plus £50 for new drivers side lock solonide.

Heres the problem:

Passenger side lock doesnt open from the outside, tried WD40 in there and no movement, pretty sure its seized?

Second problem is the drivers lock, when unlocking with the key the door pin doesnt raise high enough to unlock the door, you have to force the key further around to get the pin to raise just atthe right height to allow the door to open. Im prety sure this wont last much longer.

What do you think the drivers side will need? They said something about a whirring noise, that means the solonide will be gone. Doors lock and unlock 100% fine with the central locking button though.

Could it be the locking mechanism thats damaged in drivers side which is causing the problem with the lock not raising high enough.

Would like this problem found out pretty soon so I can get it replaced, any help will be much thanked :)