ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Firefox at work

Octy VRS
I have a work laptop that has IE and Firefox installed. I can only access IE at work but at home it doesn't work and I can only use FF.

Anyone know why? I don't think it's the security at work interfering with FF as I can use it at our other site and they have the same security and Firewall.

I just get that screen that comes up when it's not connected to the internet.

Cupra
yep. Check the connection settings and find the proxy details. Write them down or take a screen shot so that you can put them back again though.

182FF with cup packs
As an added bonus you can take the proxy settings from IE, put them into Firefox and then firefox should work while you are at work.

Octy VRS
How do I find the proxy address etc?? I don't understand why it would work at one site and not the other as we have a centralised system.

182FF with cup packs
Copy down these details. (you will need to reset them at work)

remove the details from this window.

Click OK
Click OK

Then you should be able to browse using IE at home.

To make IE work at work, just put the details back.

To make firefox work at work, go Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - Settings and fill the details in there.

Then firefox should work at work.

I suspect that your other site doesn't have a link back to your proxy, and has local breakouot of internet traffic rather than making everything go through the proxy, while your main site has the firewall locked down so that web traffic can only get out via the proxy.

Octy VRS
Hmmm. The proxy address that was in IE is also in Firefox so there is no where to add it. I can't see a way round.