ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at panning

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Hi guys, I know some of these are up in another section but really looking for some feedback from you lot :)

Went to Combe the other day for the first time, was also the first time I've taken my camrea trackside.

3934747695_1aab125afb.jpg

3935523402_e86e5828b1.jpg

3934744587_190f2afc93.jpg

3935524692_bce250c696.jpg

3935528300_2198e82a59.jpg

3935527302_5fbb183fba.jpg

3934748925_2154fdfc4c.jpg

3935532198_2e52c40f82.jpg

3935531354_cdb63efa73.jpg

All taken directly from the camera with a few slight crops. These were the best out of around 300 or so shots.

C & C much appriciated.

Cheers,

Luke

LY 182 FF CUPPED
seem ok to me, agreed barriers detract slightly - however the Aston image is helped by the tyres, gives a sense of depth and also adds to the frame.

Exposures and choice of Shutter speed seem spot on, providing they are pin sharp you are are on the right tracks.

Nippy white cup
Look great fella...I popped my track photo cherry recently and its all about the settings really.

Probably my fav due to them coming past at 100mph+ so catching them was pretty hard (for me anyway lol)

3890230308_9ec0be1399_b.jpg

Chris

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not a bad attempt :)
My track photos got the car in focus, background blurred ok but the wheels looked umm "parked" lol

Ian

Focus TDCi
The looky pretty damn good to me in terms of technique. I don't like the extreme angles on some, but other than that and the barriers I'd be happy with them. :)

Motorbikes
Very good for a first go!! The red Mk2 and green Aston are my favourites, lots of motion blur and very sharp, and some nice lockage on the 306.

What settings were you using?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers for the feedback guys, taking it all in and hopefully getting to some more track days to practise in.

Will find out the settings later Steven, they're my two favourites too. Off the top of my head the red mk2 was shutter speed 1/50; really suprisied myself at how sharp it came out.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice shots buddy especially as it was first attempt, how long did it take to get to castle combe from reading mate

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
nice shots buddy especially as it was first attempt, how long did it take to get to castle combe from reading mate

Just over an hour mate, was in my mates P1 though. Lol.

I fancy going down again soon(ish) if you're planning on going?

Oil Burner
Nice shots, certainly for a first time good effort.

The Aston shot is excellent, well framed and panned well.

For me the framing is the main thing to try and improve. But this comes with practice and im sure you found you got better during the day anyway.

Only other thing is that do look like they were taken on a high aperture, which is probably why the tyres are so obvious (the large dept of field has meant you dont have much Bokeh (blur) in the foreground) It is also causing your dust spots on the sensor to show.

Nick

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Nick. Didn't even notice the dust specs, need to get that sorted!