ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Attempt at Time Lapse

VW ID.3
At the weekend I had my first go at making a time lapse video. My Hahnel Giga T Pro arrived so I had to have a go with it.

<iframe align="center"
src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=55430&amp;intl_lang=en-us&amp;photo_secret=17e24437ff&amp;photo_id=5827780441&amp;flickr_show_info_box=true"
frameBorder="0" width="640" height="360" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I dont know how to embed it, I think thats right but if not heres a direct link http://www.flickr.com/photos/reece_mack/5827780441/

Let me know what you think, Reece

Last edited:
  RS Megane DCi 175
Cool - you've got the technique down, bit more interesting subject next time would help! Saying that though, the clouds are cool. Nice work!

Fiesta ST-3
I mirror the above comment mate. Very good effort indeed. How many shots did you take over what time period?

VW ID.3
Sorry for the late reply, I just set it up at the patio window last Saturday to see how it would turn out but I do have a few other ideas to do next.

Over 1300 shots taken but can't remember over how long, I just set the camera up to take a photo every 5 seconds and left it.

Thanks for the comments

Clio
Without sounding stupid, how do you do it? I take it you didn't sit by the window with a camera and a stopwatch pressing the button every 5 seconds.

How do you set it to take a picture every 5 seconds?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Without sounding stupid, how do you do it? I take it you didn't sit by the window with a camera and a stopwatch pressing the button every 5 seconds.

How do you set it to take a picture every 5 seconds?

Using his Hahnel Giga T Pro remote trigger. Basically you can set the delay and interval times between exposures.

VW ID.3
Yeah I used a Hahnel Giga T Pro, there was 1943 photo in total don't know where I got 1300 from.

I fancy having a go at star trails next but when I got time to it's always cloudy.

VW ID.3
I think it's the auto focus but I don't think it helped that I used a gorillapod wrapped around the top of a chair because I couldn't take a tripod.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great efforts.

I tried one going out to the windfarm earlier this year but didnt have an intervelometer (sp) so had to use continuous shooting. Didn't turn out great TBH.

I'm going to try some more, just need a decent subject and the time to do it!

RIP Dan
I like it, the planes are great.

I should get off my arse and do one, some pretty interesting stuff here to do.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Sorry to sound dumb, but could you give a breakdown of how this was done from start to finish?

I have a remote timer etc, but then what?