ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Car - Clio Campus

'07 Campus
Hello all

Firstly, I'm a 'late in life' passer, I'm in my thirties and I only just passed my test.

So with a budget of 1k for my first car I was surprised to see so many Clio Mk2s up for grabs on autotrader.

Given my age, this was a popular model alongside the souped up corsas in my teens as a McDonald's drive through worker (so as toy cna imagine, I saw alot back then!). So needless to say a Clio became a strong contender for car number one.

After checking out a badly looked after '04 16v Dynamique (which was advertised having a full year of mot yet I found a refusal advisory in the effing glove box!) I did a further search for Clios within 5 miles..

Came across and purchased my 2007 1.2 Clio Campus

96k on the clock, part service history and yet the car was so clean. These photos are from when I first got home, feel I got a lucky deal for 750

I even took the Clio to my family mechanic and asked he check the timing belt, given the lack of service history for some years.

He said the belt looks very recent still and I shouldnt worry for another 30k! Can I expect 125k? I figured I'll probably check it again after another 10k, if I'm not too naive on the longevity.

So as a result Im collecting it tonight after a couple of new tyres and an oil change, again the current oil doesn't give me any concerns but I figured some new lube wouldn't hurt.

I do have more question and queries but I don't want to write war and peace for an intro. Firstly just wanted to say hello and show her off =)

'07 Campus
Cheers =) part of me wants to mod it but given I'm looking to keep my premium low for the first year no claims I was thinking very small/subtle like wind deflectors, spraying the badges, swapping out the two front seats for the 172/182 ones and potentially a back box, to name a few.

Someone at work said to me that given the seat swap would be oem I shouldn't need to tell my insurer. I'm not sure on that one.