ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car... My lovely Clio (Pics)

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
Just want to introduce myself, my name's Danny (17), am near Grimsby. I have always liked cars since a long time ago... now the time has come... my first car! :) I hope i meet people just like me who are interested in cars (a lot). I'm currently an apprentice in mechanical engineering and so with my rubbish wage i got a smart Clio. Except insurance was paid for by my Parents as there is no way i can afford the prices now.

I bought a Renault Clio 1.2 16v about 3 weeks ago. I really love it, had to change my CV boot, track rod ends on both sides, had the tracking done and still got some things to do (renew cam belt, change oil, dog bone mount, MOT). Because i really like the mechanical side, i have done all the work on my car myself along with alot of help from my dad who is a mechanical engineer. I really want to modify my clio so it looks smarter (slightly lowered, tinted windows, coloured skirts etc) Amazingly my insurance company (LV) have said yes i can have alloy wheels at no extra cost. I now have 15" Wolfrace Katana 2 on (Just tonight). I will never do any mods on my car without the mod delclared so if they say no, unfortuntly i cant have the mod.

Believe it or not i couldn't wait that much, i'm on provisional, have my driving test in a few weeks.

So heres some pics of when i bought it and what its like now. (not alot different just the wheels)

Before (i had to have steel wheels due to insurance so i sprayed them black to try and make them look smarter)

2012_07_07_21_48_35.jpg

photo hosting

2012_07_07_21_48_54.jpg

picture hosting

Now

2012_07_05_19_29_08.jpg

photo hosting

2012_07_05_19_29_35.jpg

hosting images

Cheers

Danny

Hope in future if i have problems i can ask :)

clio 1.6 rxe(1999)
very nice mate looks much smarter than mine although i technically havent bought mine yet, give it til tomorrow and shes mine! good shout on the alloys though!

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
Thanks for the comments and thanks to Tonym419 as i was wondering if i've picked a good choice on the alloys. I guess it doesn't matter, as long i like what i've done to my car :)