ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First gear flooring

I dont make a habbit of flooring my 172 but some times you just need to. But i cant becasue when i do after 4.5k revs it starts to make a horrible knocking noise. Any idea what it is??

172 cup
a member off here got them made up out of stainless steel. Its a washer that fits under the top mount. You unscrew the top under bonnet place washer and refit top, problem solved. They used them on the v6 clios aswell i believe.

Another way to cure the problem but more expensive and harder to fit would be solid top mounts, all depends what your after from your car

172 cup
forgot to add yozza sells them, if you can get hold of him and dont expect to see them anytime this year.

Best bet is to put a wanted post up

clio sport 172
Is it like a rattling noise like somethings loose because mines doing that and I thought it was my exhaust but it wasnt but the garage has said he thinks both my offside wheel bearings could be gone :S but dont know if he's just trying t have my pants down tbh, not too good with cars :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Mine exhaust heat shield rattles at high revs atm, the engine mounts would be more of a knocking sound than rattle

Cool i will see what i can do.

Regard to the wheel bearing, you wunt get a knocking noise only in 1st to 2nd you would get a whistling or wining noise every now n then until eventually all the time.

Im kinda of thinking to check the gearbox mountings?! the engine mountings again and these strut washers out.

It's A Reno
Is it like a rattling noise like somethings loose because mines doing that and I thought it was my exhaust but it wasnt but the garage has said he thinks both my offside wheel bearings could be gone :S but dont know if he's just trying t have my pants down tbh, not too good with cars :(

What sort of engineer isn't good with cars? ;)

I'd say it's pants down tbh.

Check those heat shields again.

172 cup
Im kinda of thinking to check the gearbox mountings?! the engine mountings again and these strut washers out.

failing strut top washers (they dont have them standard by the way) It could be dog bone gearbox mount. You can get replacement poly bushes for it for around £40

clio sport 172
haha I make big 12 inch drill bits on cnc's for drilling oil not french build quality lol but ye really need t learn about cars i get ur point :D

330i. E30 Touring.
Check the mount under your battery/airbox. It's only about £18 for a new one, that's normally the one at fault.

That, or your dogbone mount.