ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First go at light painting.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, the location for the Polo one and the first one of my car was perfect, no light pollution at all really. All the locations we were at last night made everything yellow :(

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Very nice, especially for a first attempt. I must get out there and take some more soon!

I'll start my own thread when I can be bothered to PS the rest of my photos, but a quick one I just did at work:

6818112986_86830a129d_b.jpg

DSC09450Edit by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

And a crop of the same shot:

6818113932_5d584c1352_b.jpg

DSC09450EditCrop by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Think the ZS might be a bit over exposed for the shot, I haven't done a great deal to it on PS, but for me it's the worst bit.

Yes, unless you reduced your shutter speed.

For a complex shot like that I would do multiple exposures, one for the motorway (maybe even another one for the sky) and definitely one each for the cars. So much going on otherwise.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

For a complex shot like that I would do multiple exposures, one for the motorway (maybe even another one for the sky) and definitely one each for the cars. So much going on otherwise.

How do you avoid making having clear distinctions between each exposure you've used though? I found when I layered multiple images and adjusted things like whitebalance you could clearly see that it wasn't right.

Slightly better edit on the cropped photo:

6964292597_5ff8e75856_b.jpg

DSC09450EditCrop by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Yeah I thought about that, but sometimes I find it never works proporly, like Rhys is saying:

How do you avoid making having clear distinctions between each exposure you've used though? I found when I layered multiple images and adjusted things like whitebalance you could clearly see that it wasn't right.

I thought changing the opacity of the layers, and making very fine adjustments would be the best way, but I don't really know being honest!

Thats the tricky bit. Just careful blending in photoshop, and taking care when taking the photos.