ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first go at spraying

alien green rs133
what do you think for my first attempt at spraying

its a bonnet off a 4.0 jeep btw ;)

18189064a11247978366o.jpg

18189064a11247978397o.jpg

it has now been wet flatted and polished so them little dots ( dust ) are no longer there :eek:

hutchie

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
as already seen ive seen reputable bodyshops handout worse than that , bet it looks ace now its flatted and polished , good attempt !

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i prefer waterbase , get loadsa lacquer on it then polish the c**t of it ;) , never really used 2pac apart from primer or celly .
and how are you supposed to use the stuff that halfords mix , i asked the ''expert '' who mixxed the paint for me and he said '' i dunno:O ''
i mixed it 50/50 with thinners and it was dull , like basecoat of waterbase
then another time i used it mixed it the same and it was nice and shiny :S
any idea'sas im normally used to waterbased .

alien green rs133
primer is
2 parts primer
1 part activator
and a drop of thinners to make it sprayable :D

paint
3 parts paint
1 part thinners (you can increase thinners to make it more sprayable :D )

laquer
2 parts laquer
1 part activator
and a drop of thinners :D

and you cant really go wrong with that, each mix can alter a little bit with different colours and products but theres a rough idea :D

ibiza cupra
looks good mate. how did the mica lie with it being two pack. didn know they still made this stuff and would have thought that it wqs more illigal to use that celly based paint.

ValverInBits
Has anyone found any good guides to spraying car panels anywhere on the web?

I should be able to get my hands on a small air compressor quite cheaply and I really want to spray my engine bay to neaten it all up.

neither, waterbased is a tw*t to work with and celly is illegal

2 pack ;)

waterbase isn't a t**t to work with, it is much easier to paint then cellulose or 2k and offers a lot more benfits!

2k will also be made illegal once the unused stock runs out, due to the isosianates involed in the hardners

doesn't look like a bad job as far as you can tell from pictures