ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Go With DSLR

RB 182
This is the first real go I've had with my camera since getting it. Took it into work today and on my break I put it in manual and tried different things just to see what happens with each. Pictures are straight from cam so any points/tips and criticism is really appreciated.
IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Last couple are really good mate. First one I think is just an ugly boat, and the second maybe slightly far away. But for a first go, really good. I'm still learning myself, it takes time :)

182, SQ7, Trafic
Last two pics are spot on!

First it looks like the pier is in focus, when I think the boat should be.

Try HDR on the third, looks little washed out.

RB 182
Sorry to nick it and try but here you go :)

Untitled-2.jpg

That looks so much better. What did you use for it? Cheers for all the comments and tips. Just looked up the rule of thirds so this will be yet another thing to try and remember. Easy to see how people really get hooked on photography. As for post pic editing I have a Mac with CS2, is this suitable to get me started or should I be looking at something else. Does everyone always shoot in RAW or is this more of just a personnel choice, some do, some dont kind of thing?

B

Brown.

Spot on mon pappi.... as above play with saturation levels in photoshop or the canon utility to raise any colour lacking images, or if all else fails whack the noise level up and go black and white!

last pic is awsome!!

182, SQ7, Trafic
You should take as RAW+L and then do the RAW shots up using the canon utilty, brilliant tool.

For the HDR processing, PM JungleJim, he'll tell you where to get a copy from. It should be a sticky at the top of this forum :)

B

Brown.

^^ Raw + L........ he will need some serious memory card-idge.... just shoot jpeg till you get used to your camera scott. if you feel your self adjusting the same things over and over in CS2 or you feel you can do better then the DIGIC Processor can then start using raw.( Personally i have never used RAW or ever will do )