ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, In need of help from

Ph2 Clio 172
Hey all, recently acquired a ph2 172 - love the thing its a little beast. :)

However, after reading about my current problem on the forum, I replaced the TDC sensor but this hasnt solved it. Yes you guessed it, it starts badly when first starting in the morning and at random times throughout the day - normally when left to go cold. It will always start on the second turn. Turns over well, just doesnt fire, and battery is running at a constant 12.6V even after leaving it for 8 hours. Fuel pump primes at turn of key and I wait for the immob light to go off on the dash before starting.
I feel a bit stuck really and not sure where to turn or what to change now. Any experts on this or people who have had this same prob please let me know what it was that resolved the issue, or in fact anyone who thinks they know! Very annoying problem to have lol!

Cheers

Last edited:
  Ph2 Clio 172
so no-one has any info on this problem?

Would appreciate any help on this guys, thanks :)

Ph2 Clio 172
Starter motor turns the engine over as it should. Im hooking it up to the diag machine tomorrow, see what that throws up and will update.

Any other avenues would be still be a great help tho

Cheers

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeh cleaned the throttle body and replaced the TDC sensor with loom myself but will check both again to be sure. See what happens tomorrow!

Ph2 Clio 172
Put it on the diag machine today, came up with no stored fault codes unfortunately! Bloody ell! ;)

So the best option would be to clean or replace the coolant sensor??

Ph2 Clio 172
Sorry to be annoying with this thread

Does anyone know where the coolant sensor is? Should it be cleaned or replaced?

Valver
Not sure where it is on a 172 sorry buddy, but if you're taking it apart for the cost, u might as well put a new one in, they arent expensive.